Job Title: Senior Recruitment Consultant (9mth FTC)
We can only ever be as good as our people and the People team makes sure we attract and retain the very best. The People function supports our three core business areas: Creative, Commercial and Operations, each of which is supported by the People Generalist team, working in conjunction with specialists in Reward, Learning & Development, Talent and People Systems.
As a team, we help the business to improve and evolve and ensure that our people are supported, developed, rewarded and engaged as they deliver on C4’s remit.
Our People strategy has been devised to support the C4 strategy ‘Future4’ and our activity and KPI’s are aligned with the C4 Purpose, Vision, Values and Targets.
C4 is a much-loved and iconic brand and we are fortunate to attract brilliant people to work with us. We recruit for a large number of our roles directly and have ambitions to further increase this number, alongside continuing to build a talented workforce that is representative of the diversity of the UK.
This new role will join the Talent team to focus on attracting passive talent for senior positions (other than Commissioners). It will manage search and direct sourcing processes delivering an exceptional candidate experience to headhunted candidates alongside responsibility for proactively gathering and presenting market intelligence and research related to talent pooling and talent mapping.
This role requires proven expertise in building and managing multiple leadership searches, with experience driving passive strategy campaigns across commercial, creative, and operational specialisms. This role would suit a seasoned executive recruiter with experience of working across a variety of professions and with a large focus on diversity. Experience of media/TV is not essential but being able to quickly navigate and identify talent in a different sector would be.
You will need to be comfortable doing your own research and maintaining your own searches and have a flexible approach to picking up other recruitment focused projects when workload allows.
Candidates who require flexible or part-time working arrangements are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Create and deliver a research strategy for talent pooling, market mapping and competitor analysis (this will cover departments within the creative, operational, and commercial divisions – other than Commissioners)
- Proactively manage watch lists and undertake talent mapping to identify suitable candidates for when roles become available
- Work autonomously to talent pool, network and understand the candidate market, continually developing a strong network of candidates
- Act as an advisor on trends within the sector and use this to inform and drive direct sourcing
- Manage multiple and highly varied searches both proactively and reactively
- Create innovative sourcing strategies which lead to diverse shortlists and increase representation
- Prepare and present relevant market data and insights
- Research and map candidate markets across a broad range of professions
- Prepare written search briefs
- Prepare and present candidate profiles
- Conduct initial interviews and assessments, supporting throughout the selection process when required
Inclusion at C4
- Experienced in executive search with a strong research and sourcing foundation
- Research/sourcing experience has been gained in an executive search firm or in-house
- A track record of executing a variety of searches with an emphasis on delivering diverse shortlists
- Is an expert at independently owning and driving the search strategy with the ability to define the target company universe and the individuals within it
- Has the ability to also think creatively, identifying talent outside of the traditional search parameters
- Advanced interview skills with ability to screen for both technical and behavioural fit
- Has the ability to quickly adapt to identifying talent in a new industry and specialisms
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act as an ambassador for C4
- Can deliver a thorough and best-in-class search process, including research, outreach, engagement, evaluation, and presentation
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present data for senior stakeholders
- Is aligned to and passionate about the C4 remit
Channel 4 has been a pioneer since it was created in 1982 with a unique remit to be a disruptive, innovative force in UK broadcasting. Our vision is to represent unheard voices, challenge with purpose and reinvent entertainment.
Diversity in TV, the media and the United Kingdom as a whole is a top priority for us at Channel 4. A key part of our remit is to appeal to people whatever their culture, nationality, religious persuasion, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, gender, race, or age. From 'Desmond's', the first black sitcom first broadcast by Channel 4 in 1989, to our ground-breaking coverage of the Paralympic Games, Channel 4 has brought previously neglected experiences and perspectives into the mainstream.
Our Inclusion vision is to build on our heritage as a trailblazer in diversity, with an emphasis on achieving greater inclusion; to be a beacon to the UK industry of what an inclusive, diverse and creative culture can look like and to give Channel 4 a creative and competitive edge.
There are three main 'pillars' to our Inclusion & Diversity strategy:
- Inclusive workforce: To instil a culture where the power of the diverse workforce is celebrated, and people recognise that diversity of thought generates richer ideas
- On screen: To shift focus to authentic portrayal and representation, allowing audiences to recognise themselves on screen
- Leading the industry: To be a driving force and pioneer in the industry on inclusion and diversity