The Senior Picture Post Engineer will have the opportunity to support all our picture post production
equipment and workflows in use on some of the industry’s biggest studio feature films and episodic
In this varied, complex and challenging role they will primarily be responsible for implementing and
maintaining all picture post systems and will contribute to the network architecture, file storage,
systems configuration, deployment and support of our picture post operators.
The candidate should have an already established successful track record of working at senior levels
within large studio and/or post-production companies delivering content of a premium or
comparable standard and profile for both film, television and streaming platforms.
• Work with the Head of Engineering on the day to day running and projects of the post
• Work with the picture post production department staff to ensure good communication
flow between stakeholders.
• Lead facility upgrade projects, create new workflows and improve current setups.
• Manage all media servers, networks and storage.
• Provide support for operator controlled hardware and peripheral devices
• Provision and maintenance of picture and sound production system workstations.
• Provide support to all theatres and suites. This will include ensuring that all rooms are lined
up both for picture and sound.
• Creation and maintenance of system documentation.
• Ownership of job tickets for the post production departments.
• Research & development, planning, implementation and maintenance plan for all postproduction equipment.
• Maintaining industry relationships to ensure we are on the frontline of emerging technology,
standards and workflow.
• Provide technical support for users using Linux, Windows and macOS.
• Train junior members of staff.
• A minimum of 5 years experience within a post production environment, predominantly
• Very solid knowledge base of picture post engineering, specification of viewing theatres,
grading and edit suites.
• Experience with production storage systems, e.g. DDP, PixStor.
• Experience with virtualised machine environments and system imaging.
• Extensive experience with Linux, Windows and Mac operating systems.
• Experience with video and audio wiring/routing.
• Expert level knowledge of audio and video software/hardware editing platforms such as
ProTools, and Davinci Resolve.
• A self-starter who can work independently but also collaboratively with the department
• Work a flexible schedule; weekend and evening shifts are possible.
• Understanding of industry recognised standards, technical specifications and best practices.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise.
• Able to remain accurate under stress.
• Good communication skills and professionalism is key.
• Experience in audio engineering to a pro post production level and familiar with maintaining
large format mixing consoles such as AMS-Neve DFC.
• Scripting knowledge – to automate and to offer improvements in process, automation and