We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Head of Marketing, and is responsible for leading the growth and strength of the Dave brand, as well as the recruitment and retention of audiences through the shaping and execution of effective marketing strategies & plans. The Marketing Manager is also responsible for leading the Dave marketing team to deliver exceptional, innovative and creative marketing campaigns.
This role is expected to build productive working relationships across a wide group of key stakeholders / partners, including Marketing, Creative, Scheduling, Commissioning, Comms and Social; working collaboratively to influence strategy, drive performance and enhance the creativity & effectiveness of our channel brands and programming.
In this role you will get to:
- Be the owner of the Dave brand across the business
- Lead high value and impactful marketing campaigns across the whole media mix to drive audiences to some of the nation’s biggest TV shows
- Lead cross functional teams, with the ability to interact & influence at a senior level
- Have a direct impact on viewing figures, and therefore share of commercial impacts (a primary business KPI)
- Develop new, innovative and creative solutions to make Dave stand out in a competitive marketplace
We are looking for someone who has:
- Marketing experience in a similar role
- Thorough understanding & significant first-hand experience of the role & relative effectiveness of different media / marketing disciplines
- Previous leadership, people management and motivational skills, with experience of effectively managing a diverse team and leading cross functional teams to consistently deliver results
- Proven ability to develop bespoke media strategies and 360 degree marketing campaigns across the full mix; working with media and creative agencies
- A genuine passion for TV and love of the programming
Who you are:
The ideal candidate:
- Will thrive working in a collaborative and inclusive way
- Should be able to influence and persuade, using their meaningful relationships to drive business growth through UKTV’s marketing
- Will be comfortable with the role being varied and can often involve tight deadlines
- Will have excellent attention to detail
- Will be an excellent communicator and a line manager who can nurture and grow their team mates
At UKTV, we are working in a hybrid environment with a mixture of home and office working. Getting together in the office as a team and a company gives colleagues an opportunity to build and maintain great relationships, encourages our culture of collaboration and creativity while recognising that colleagues need to have a healthy and happy work-life balance. You’ll agree with your manager the split of time you spend in the office or at home based on the role that you do, how often you come together as a team and your personal preference.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.
- Be the champion of the consumer in the business, partnering with research and creative planning functions to deliver insight-led marketing campaigns
- Lead the Dave marketing team and manage the day to day relationship with both the external media agency and the internal creative agency to deliver best in class marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with colleagues across social, media planning and comms to maximise both channels owned and earned reach.
- To hold budgetary responsibility for the brands working closely with Finance to maintain financial controls and ensure forecasting and spend is in line with agreed budget
- Initiates research & uses available data sources to monitor on-going brand / programme / marketing performance, identify issues & opportunities and recommend courses of action
- This person will really live the UKTV values (CLICC), demonstrating them in all aspects of their work
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.