The Media Systems Operator position within the 24/7 Operations team is responsible for the operational integrity and availability of M2A’s applications, systems and services.
You will work with relevant stakeholders (both internal and external to M2A) to provide continuity and operational support as part of a 24/7 multidisciplinary team.
The role is shift based. Need to be authorised to work in the UK.
- Monitoring and maintaining the security, consistency, and availability of all supported systems & services.
- Identifying faults and issues and recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate within agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring continuity and quality by owning the resolution of system issues. Tracking progress and escalating as appropriate until resolution reached within agreed SLAs.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate contingency procedures, resource planning and deployment skills in response to planned and unexpected events.
- Managing, deploying and configuring the services which deliver content to the audience.
- Contributing to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability.
- Understanding, in-depth, the business processes supported by the systems.
- Creation, maintenance and ownership of operational documentation and communication associated with these processes.
- Provide technical advice and a troubleshooting function.
- Contributing positively to the objectives of the Operations team and M2A.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in application support or systems support role.
- Experience with media management or within a broadcast media environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other "cloud" provider.
- Experience monitoring service, performance and capacity thresholds.
- Experience in application deployment, configuration and maintenance under multiple server operating system environments.
- Experience in video and audio encoding technologies.
- Experience in resolving problems across a multi-platform environment.
- Experience in support or customer-facing role.
- Willing to work flexible hours as befits the type of service provided.
- Experience in managing third parties.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term
- Good communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- 25 days holiday
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life cover
- Company pension
- Company bike scheme