UKTV is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our award-winning team.
This role will lead on brand and programme social media campaigns & always on social media management, focussing on engaging and developing social communities through brilliant creative and conversation. Ideally you will be a social native, as well as a huge TV advocate, with as strong understanding of how superserving communities online and optimising content, can better connect brands to audiences and drive business results.
Working with the Senior Social Media Manager, the role will execute paid, owned and earned social strategies, driving share of voice amongst competitor broadcasters and platforms.
In this role you will get to…
- Manage and lead on key UKTV brand to push brand awareness as well as VOD & linear viewing
- Contribute to the UKTV network social strategy and its ambitious targets through the work that you do
- Work in an award winning team full of social media superstars
- Works with the Senior Social Media Manager to translate overall brand strategy into actionable social plans
- Leads design, production and implementation of large scale social media campaigns and “always on” activity, ensuring integration with broader marketing and communications activity
- Sources, produces, edits and publishes content for social media accounts
- Manages content approvals produced by external agency partners
- Follows compliance and editorial standards to ensure social content & social pages are managed to policy
- Manage the community, ensuring two way dialogue with viewers and following escalation process to support on any crisis comms
- Utilises social best practices (organic and paid) and optimises content to reach relevant audiences
- Manages the channel’s social communities including proactive, reactive, and crisis comms with support from Senior Social Media Manager
- Experiments with ways to reach and engage our target audiences through content, communication or platform recommendations
- Owns a live relationship with the audience which deepens their engagement and maximises brand reach
- Can recommend social media tactics to increase visibility, customer acquisition and retention
- Works closely with the Creative, Marketing and Commissioning team on ideation around social-first content
- Keeps up to date with new platforms and initiatives to be an industry expert
- Stakeholder management: can confidently share plans and reports to senior business figures
- Lives and role models UKTV’s values
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- A flair for storytelling on social media with a strong editorial eye. You can watch a clip or a moment from a TV show and know instantly what part will resonate with audiences
- A passion and love for connecting with and engaging with audiences
- An obsession with data with optimisation at the heart of output
- Excellent communication and stakeholder skills, who will thrive in a collaborative working environment.
- Experience in social media a must
- Competent user knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and social content platforms
- Excellent writing and video editing skills
- Social native with a passion for storytelling on social media
- A good understanding of the social media platforms and best practice
- A genuine passion for TV
- Knowledge of analytics and social listening
- Experience in crisis comms desirable
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.