We are building a data team from scratch to enable UKTV to optimise its digital transformation and maximise our opportunities to grow our business. We work to deliver insights, analytics and data to understand our audiences and power our advertising and marketing. This is a greenfield role where you will have a real opportunity to influence the data strategy of UKTV and our ways of working. You will also be involved in embedding a new data platform as we introduce a modern data stack alongside our parent company, BBC Studios.
The Principal Analyst will play a major part in implementing our data strategy. They will bring expertise which will enable our colleagues to use data more effectively when making decisions, provide greater understanding of our audiences and utilise new technologies.
- Work with a wide range of departments across UKTV, supporting the delivery of our digital products, marketing, broadcast TV and our targeted advertising through analytics projects
- Contribute to developing a data culture within UKTV and BBC Studios
- Get exposure to a wide range of analytics and use cases for data.
- Guide, commission, undertake and deliver analytics, data collection and measurement projects across the business (VOD, Linear TV, Marketing, Commercial etc). You may be managing and working with agencies to deliver some of these projects.
- Work with our product teams to develop & deliver A/B testing strategies, implement experiments and evaluate user experiences
- Provide insights, data products and recommendations to support decision-making across the business working in close collaboration with our Insight & Strategy team.
- Creating dashboards and visualisations to enable more democratised analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and acting as a first point of contact for analytics queries from “non-data” oriented colleagues.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in digital analytics, analysis methods, data modelling, and visualization tools.
- Manage the Senior Data Analyst
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven experience in using data & analytics for customer insights and recommendations
- Significant experience in using either R or Python and SQL to analyse consumer behaviour
- Previous experience of using visualisation software (e.g. Tableau, RShiny, Power BI, Looker)
- Knowledge of A/B testing, statistics and wider measurement & data analysis methodologies.
- Able to delegate, manage your own time and prioritise accordingly often working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders, manage their needs and explain complex data to non-technical colleagues
- Strong attention to detail, a problem-solving mindset and great critical thinking skills
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.