| We are building a data team from scratch to enable UKTV to optimise its digital transformation and maximise our opportunities to grow our business. We work to deliver insights, analytics and data to understand our audiences and power our advertising and marketing. This is a greenfield role where you will have a real opportunity to shape the data strategy of UKTV and our ways of working. You will also be involved in embedding a new data platform as we introduce a modern data stack alongside our parent company, BBC Studios.
Purpose of the role
The Lead Analyst will play a major part in determining how we implement and develop our data strategy. They will bring expertise which will enable our colleagues to use data more effectively when making decisions, provide greater understanding of our audiences and utilise new technologies.
- Over time Lead and manage a team of 2-5 analysts, providing direction, support, and guidance to ensure high-quality work.
- Manage our day-to-day relationship with several vendors, including our digital analytics supplier, Piano Analytics.
- You will be responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of our digital analytics and tag management.
- You will be a key liaison point for our product team to ensure analytics are embedded into their ways of working across product strategy, development and QA testing.
- Work with our product teams to lead the development A/B testing frameworks supervise the implementation and management of A/B testing software.
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework to track KPIs, monitor business performance, and identify areas for improvement.
- Responsible for the management of our Customer Data Platform to deliver audience segments to power targeted advertising and digital marketing.
- Provide insights and data products to support decision-making across the business (VOD, Linear TV, Marketing, Commercial etc) working in close collaboration with our Insight & Strategy team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in digital analytics, analysis methods, data modelling, and visualization tools.
- Responsible for leading training initiatives for analytics & visualisation. This will include training for digital analytics, statistical methods, Tableau and any other tools shared beyond the data team.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Substantial experience managing a team of analysts
- Proven experience in managing digital analytics (e.g. Adobe Analytics, GA360) and tag management, including vendor and supplier relationshipsStrong knowledge of A/B testing, statistics and wider measurement & data analysis methodologies.
- Able to simplify complex problems into component parts and deal with them systematically
- Able to effectively delegate, manage your own time and prioritise accordingly often working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Significant experience in using one or more scripting languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python) to analyse consumer behaviour
- Familiarity with cloud-based data storage and analytics platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks and AWS
- Able to develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders and manage their needs.
- Adept at collaborating across departments
- Able to communicate effectively using both technical and non-technical language as appropriate to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail, great critical thinking skills and ability to work under pressure
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.