We are building a data team from scratch to enable UKTV to optimise its digital transformation and maximise our opportunities to grow our business. We work to deliver insights, analytics and data to understand our audiences and power our advertising and marketing. This is a greenfield role where you will have a real opportunity to influence the data strategy of UKTV and our ways of working. You will also be involved in embedding a new data platform as we introduce a modern data stack alongside our parent company, BBC Studios.
- Provide insights and recommendations to support decision-making across the business working in close collaboration with our Insight & Strategy team.
- Work with our product teams to evaluate user experiences and with our Insight, Content and Marketing teams to understand more about our audiences and our performance
- Creating dashboards and visualisations to enable more democratised analysis.
- Communicating insights in a clear and interesting way to deliver high quality data storytelling
- Provide technical expertise and acting as a point of contact for analytics queries from “non-data” oriented colleagues.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in digital analytics, analysis methods, data modelling, and visualization tools.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Has experience in using SQL and statistical software to analyse and understand consumer behaviour
- Wants to learn new data & analytics techniques and methodologies
- Will apply their critical thinking skills to tell great stories with data
- Proven experience in using statistics, data & analytics for customer insights and recommendations
- Significant experience in using either R or Python and SQL to analyse data
- Able to present to stakeholders confidently and have good stakeholder management skills with previous exposure to senior managers.
- Strong attention to detail, a problem-solving mindset and great critical thinking skills
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.