Based in our Watford office, the Business Development Manager – Outside Broadcasts and Projects, will be responsible for commercial and business development functions within the Outside Broadcast, Flypacks and Projects areas of our EMEA business. This role will be a key part of our Business Development team, generating new opportunities and bringing an excellent contacts book to the business. Utilising their own extensive network within the sports broadcasting industry, the successful candidate will be expected maintain a consistent pipeline of opportunities, deliver against agreed KPIs and contribute to continued strategies for growth. They will both lead RFP responses and work as part of a wider team to coordinate and review the content of our business proposals. The Business Development Manager – Outside Broadcasts and Projects will work with various stakeholders in the business, acting as the bridge between clients and our Projects teams in the UK, France, Germany and Qatar along with our production team in West London.
Supporting Director of Business Development and the wider Executive Team as directed in the development of new business strategy and new business growth including but not limited to:
• Generate pipeline of potential new clients and provide new revenue streams for Gravity Media in the world of Outside Broadcasts, Flypacks and Projects.
• Leverage existing industry contacts to build new client relationships
• Assist with the creation and delivery of Request for Proposal (RFP) and tender responses
• Account handling of some key clients
• Develop, maintain and expand industry contacts book
• Support the Director of Business Development’s attendance (and also attending on behalf of where appropriate) of networking events, trade shows and conferences.
• Performance analysis and management of Salesforce CRM
Full UK driving licence
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of successfully building relationships with internal and external contributors • Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly under tight deadlines
• Business intelligence
• Excellent writing skills, specifically within a bid writing/tender context
• Strong numerical literacy, comfortable working with budgets and complex quotations
• Proven negotiation skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel for both budgeting and data analysis purposes
• Ability to work well in a team, equally a self-starter who is comfortable working alone on individual projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to work as part of a growing team Desirable
• Experience of CRM software is an advantage, Salesforce preferred.
• Microsoft Powerpoint Skills
• Substantial experience working in business development, sales or as an engineering project lead
• Substantial experience working in the broadcast industry. Significant experience working in sports broadcasting is an advantage
• A network of existing client relationships within the broadcast and media sector
• Demonstrable experience of working on RFP responses, kit lists and technical budgets
• Understanding or sports TV Production & associated workflows
• Knowledge of IP workflow and Remote Broadcast workflow is an advantage.
• Understanding of and / or contacts within a broad range of sporting federations/ broadcasters