Production Finance Reporting and Data Analyst (12 month FTC)Reports to:
Senior Production Finance ManagerDepartment:
Commercial Affairs is responsible for the financial, legal and business aspects of programme making and is tasked with negotiating all contractual, financial and other deal terms between Channel 4 and programme suppliers, in particular independent companies who make programmes on Channel 4’s behalf. The commissioning teams are supported by Legal and Business Affairs Managers and Production Finance Managers who work with commissioning editors to agree the editorial, financial and contractual details of each project, and to manage the business issues arising.JOB PURPOSE
This role is responsible for conducting in-depth analysis and reporting on Commissioning and Commercial Affairs data. This is achieved by running and taking ownership of a suite of reports and fully understanding how the underlying data is captured. Liaising with stakeholders across various departments providing insight to the business through routine and ad hoc reporting and data analysis.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Prepare first draft of all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for review by SPFM;
- Understand the underlying data and take measures to ensure that it is correct.
- Maintain the underlying spreadsheets that are used to create reporting packs.
- Ensure that data collection is consistent across the board to ensure meaningful and accurate reporting and analysis.
- Ensure that system-based reports parameters are accessing all relevant data. Ownership and management (including creation) of business objects reports.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to understand their reporting requirements.
- Clear and simple presentation of data that can be easily understood by non-finance colleagues.
- To look for areas of improvement and make suggestions where relevant.
- To attend meetings with or in place of the SPFM where relevant to the role.
- Other ad hoc duties as requested.
- Experience of working with large volumes of data and providing reporting and analysis
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Has a track record of working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy.
- Very strong MS Excel skills including V-lookups and Pivot tables.
- Good working knowledge of MS PowerPoint.