Picture Shop are looking for an experienced shortform dubbing mixer to join our team, working in both our Soho facilities and our external managed services.
Candidates should ideally have three years’ experience in mixing short form content, but consideration will be given to those with less who can demonstrate enthusiasm and a strong aptitude to learn.
The role is 40hrs per week, working Monday to Friday between 0900 and 1900 with ad hoc early/late finishes depending on project sensitivity and deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, plus an attractive benefits package.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Creating and enhancing the audio for promos, commercials, radio adverts, idents and other short form assets, working in both stereo and 5.1 and delivering to a range of specs including broadcast, cinema and social / digital media platforms.
- Working collaboratively with both clients and Picture Shop staff to get the best out of their projects, including interpreting briefs and pitching ideas.
- Recording and directing voice talent, both in the studio and remotely via Source Nexus.
- Music and dialogue editing, including dialogue restoration.
- Managing media accurately and efficiently, including backing up and restoring.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the creative and technical skills to take offline sound to the next level.
- Be proficient with Avid Pro Tools and its hardware.
- Have knowledge of broadcast specs, such as EBU R128.
- Have experience in using software effects, such as Altiverb. Experience with the iZotope RX restoration plug-in would also be beneficial.
- Have knowledge of best voice recording practices, and an ability to confidently direct talent.
- Have great interpersonal skills, be a team player and proactive in contributing to our department.