Timeline Television has a solid history of quality live programming, Outside Broadcasts, Studio, Editing and Post-Production. We are a recognised and reliable name in UK broadcasting. Most of the UK’s television networks have trusted Timeline to deliver technical and creative facilities for programmes as diverse as live sporting events, live music, award shows, political conferences, light entertainment and current affairs.
This role is based at our Ealing Broadcast Centre but works across all divisions of Timeline’s business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Senior Commercial Manager, you'll be responsible for delivering a proportion of annual revenue across our Outside Broadcasts, Studios and Post-Production departments, and maximising revenue and EBITDA.
- Proactively grow our customer base as well as retaining existing customers
- Support maximum utilisation of facilities in coordination with relevant department heads
- Lead commercial negotiations from quoting through to completion and handover to technical teams
- Manage sales enquires, owning customer relationships and ensuring all opportunities are acted upon in a timely manner
- Support the delivery teams in resolving any potential conflicts in an appropriate and conclusive manner
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in identifying opportunities including volume deals and joint OB, studios, and post-production contracts
- Support the full use of the company’s booking and billing system (Mediapulse), to ensure streamlined handover of planning details and excellent quality of data accuracy. e.g., reporting, billing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a broadcast environment either OBs, Studios, or Post-Production (NB: a career history as a unit manager or studio resource manager would be highly desired but not essential)
- Experience in quoting for large scale technical proposals (preferably within the broadcast industry)
- Experience of end-to-end commercial contract negotiations and the ability to evaluate and objectively decide between different commercial opportunities
- Proven success and experience in working to commercial targets
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with a range of different internal teams (Operations, Finance, Legal, etc.)
- High level of numeracy and comfort with financial management including budgets, pricing strategies, reporting and billing
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Well-being plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Gym Membership
So, if you are looking to join a wonderful and expanding team and are looking to work for a busy but appealing and exciting company, we would very much welcome your application!
Only applicants with the right to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.