THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
We are thrilled to be recruiting the first round of top talent into our brand-new Production Hub.
Our next-generation Production Hub housed in The Westworks building is a creative and technology leading media hub made up of production, post-production, and live studios.
Our teams will be able to be part of this high-energy, highly productive environment, working alongside teams creating the latest BAFTA-winning TV dramas, Hollywood blockbusters and more.
Our Broadcast Engineer will be responsible for guaranteeing the effective transmission and delivery of media throughout The Westworks facility. They will closely support the Multi Skilled Engineers within the facility to ensure the delivery of high quality content for our clients.
• Responsible for the day-to-day running of the MCR.
• MCR operations and co-ordination of live feeds from incoming lines through to playouts, line recordings and co-ordination with other technical areas of the facility (studio, production gallery, post-production, etc.).
• Technical quality control of received and transmitted feeds, media files and edited content through the facility.
• Fault reporting and first line maintenance support of broadcast and post-production across the facility.
• Undertaking of minor broadcast technology projects.
• Supporting other members of the Engineering team on major technology projects.
• To assist in planning and implementing system and infrastructure upgrades and expansion.
• Operating and configuring industry standard file-based technology and workflows.
• To maintain setup and system configuration across a range of broadcast equipment.
• Responding to new requirements as they arise and are delegated to the team by the Engineering Supervisor and Senior Engineers.
The work location will predominantly be our Westworks facility. However, as we are a global operator and to encourage the development of our staff, our Engineering talent may be, from time to time, deployed to support at our other UK and overseas sites and projects.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.
• Educated to a senior level within a scientific or equivalent and relevant discipline.
• Senior Applicants – At least three years of operational experience within a broadcast transmission environment.
• Junior Applicants – Any relevant experience, employment or otherwise, within the broadcasting industry
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• An ability to work effectively under pressure to strict deadlines.
• An ability to work effectively within a team.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to work unsociable hours when required, including weekends and evenings.
• Experience of video and audio routing and transmission chains.
• Experience in using Broadcast control systems.
• Experience of signal routing, patching, interconnects and flows.
• Experience and knowledge of broadcast video and audio formats:
oIP 2022/2110, HD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI, DANTE etc.
• Broadcast monitoring and technical quality control
• Knowledge of Avid Post-Production systems, Media Composer and NEXIS shared storage.
• Experience of EVS servers, IPDirector and XTAccess within an integrated networked environment (or knowledge of similar video server/PAM environments).
• Experience of encoding formats and file delivery mechanisms.
• Experience of structured cable systems.
• Knowledge of camera channels, vision switchers and audio mixers not essential but, is looked upon favourably.