THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
We are thrilled to be recruiting the first round of top talent into our brand-new Production Hub. Our next-generation Production Hub housed in The Westworks building is a creative and technology leading media hub made up of production, post-production, and live studios. Our teams will be able to be part of this high-energy, highly productive environment, working alongside teams creating the latest BAFTA-winning TV dramas, Hollywood blockbusters and more. Our Engineering Supervisor will lead the team of MCR and Multi-Skilled Engineers within the MCR, studios, production gallery and facility support environments. They will work closely with other Senior Engineers and will guarantee the technical integrity and output of The Westworks facility.
- Line Manage the MCR and Multi Skilled Engineers at Westworks.
- Maintaining the staff rota of the Westworks engineering team.
- Managing the fault reporting process and providing first and second line maintenance support of broadcast and studio equipment, ensuring the facility is at peak operational efficacy.
- Investigate new technology, systems and working practice, working closely with The Westworks Engineers and Senior Engineers, in order to improve business efficacy.
- Working closely with other teams (Suppliers, Clients, Post-Production, Production, Archive, New Business, etc.) to establish and maintain good working practices within the Facility.
- Providing operational support and guidance to the engineering team regarding technical equipment and systems including but not limited to the following:
- MCR transmission equipment and systems.
- Camera racking and lighting control with the operation of a range of different camera equipment to a high technical and craft standard.
- Operation and installation of audio equipment including audio mixing for live transmission when required, mixing recorded and live sources.
- Operating graphics systems.
- Operating EVS servers, IPD and associated networked systems.
- Operating Edit systems (Avid, EVS) to create effective assembly, rough and fine cut edits with quick turnaround ready for transmission.
- Managing the technical quality control processes and its integration into live and post-production workflows.
- Managing the storage, logging and deletion of broadcast media within the media databases.
- Transmission control and operating MCR systems if required.
The work location will predominantly be our Westworks facility. However, as we are a global operator and to encourage the development of our staff, our Engineering talent may be, from time to time, deployed to support at our other UK and overseas sites and projects.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively under pressure to strict deadlines.
- An ability to work effectively within a team.
- A creative outlook with an ability to transform ideas into a practical reality.
- An ability to communicate effectively with clients and other stakeholders to interpret requirements but also to suggest creative alternatives in a constructive manner.
- Endeavours to create work of the highest quality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours when required, including weekends and evenings.
- Good knowledge or experience in tapeless production workflows.
- Experience and knowledge of broadcast video and audio formats: IP 2022/2110, HD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI, DANTE etc.
- Operational experience of PAM and/or CMS systems with a knowledge of video and audio codecs.
- Operational experience working with a wide range of broadcast equipment and systems including but not limited to operating a range of cameras, EVS systems, audio RX/TX equipment and talkback systems.
- Operational experience of camera racking and lighting control.
- Experience and knowledge of working with linear and non-linear edit systems.
- Operational experience of Avid Media Composer.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a fast paced or pressurised environment.
- Experience of signal routing, patching, interconnects and flows.
- Broadcast monitoring and technical quality control.
- Knowledge of Avid Post-Production systems, Media Composer and NEXIS shared storage.
- Experience of EVS servers, IPDirector and XTAccess within an integrated networked environment (or knowledge of similar video server/PAM environments).
- Experience of encoding formats and file delivery mechanisms.
- Experience of structured cable systems.