Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
As part of its drive to continuously innovate and advance its digital broadcast and production capabilities, as well as super serve players and fans, Riot Games and its Esports Technology Group is growing to enable efficient, game-agnostic production of Esports content, globally, through technical innovation, standardised workflows, and shared infrastructure.
We are looking for a skilled broadcast engineer to join our team to help shape and drive the operation and maintenance of the production layer and supporting technologies at Riot’s remote broadcast operations with global reach. The Broadcast Engineer will report to the Broadcast Engineering Manager. The position is based in the greater Dublin area.
If successful, you will be assigned to Project Stryker, the Remote Broadcast Centre owned and operated by Riot Games. You will work across the Riot Games’ Esport broadcasts featuring championships and tournaments from titles; League of Legends, Wild Rift and Valorant. You will be working with the latest technology in the most advanced Remote Broadcast Centre in the World.
- Maintain the production and technical infrastructures within the centre. This includes production equipment and spaces, content management platform, communications systems, graphics, video systems, processing and transcoding and the Engineering core.
- Determine methods and procedures on new work efforts for you / your wider team / region and operate with initiative.
- Experience and level of comfort solving highly complex and diverse problems that require an ability to evaluate multiple variables.
- Maintain control, efficiency, and visibility over the centre’s technology, its maintenance and serve as a point of escalation for the on-site team to analyse, troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Monitor and manage on premise and cloud resources.
- Coordinate production activities with the other technical centres.
- Work with the Esports engineering and IT teams to create better in-house systems for movement and management of content, monitoring streams and enhancing quality of service metrics.
- Performing regular reporting on performance of the centres by identifying and tracking data for KPI.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in an applicable field.
- Five years' experience working in a video ecosystem, with strong fundamentals in live video content production workflows and related production technologies.
- Video and audio formats used for Broadcast, IP Video & Audio, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI etc
- Principles of video and audio transmission.
- Broadcast monitoring.
- Broadcast Video Servers – EVS, AirSpeed.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Camera Channels, Vision, Switchers, Sound Mixer technology.
- Avid Post Production Systems, Media Composer, and NEXIS shared storage.
- Broadcast Graphics systems and data integration.
- EVS IPDirector, XTAccess etc.
- File encoding formats and delivery mechanisms.
- Understanding of structured cable systems and cable patching and routing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Logical thinking with good problem-solving and fault-finding skills in diverse systems.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live environment and within programme requirements.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- For junior applicants – any relevant experience, employment or otherwise, within the broadcasting industry.
- For senior applicants – a minimum of three years’ experience in an operational and broadcast engineering-based role.