Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
We are looking for a Media Coordinator, with an exacting attention to detail to join the Riot Games Media Asset Management team in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have a proven attention to detail, will share an enjoyment for Metadata inputting and archiving and will be charged with streaming to millions of viewers around the world.
You will need to be a clear and confident communicator, able to adapt quickly to on-air changes and remain calm under pressure. Your aim will be to ensure accurate tagging of an active live event, supporting Sponsors and Producers with clips and footage and ensuring that feeds are recorded and monitored for QC purposes. You will also retrospectively tag and add Metadata to previous broadcasts for archival, ensuring naming conventions are adhered to.
Executing day-to-day Media Management activities using our internal platforms at the Remote Broadcast Centre, the ideal candidate will develop a comprehensive understanding of the Riot Games’ live event productions from the pre-production phase through to the end of the process.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Riot Games’ Media Asset Management team and you will report to the Media Assets Manager at the Remote Broadcast Centre, Dublin. The position is based in the greater Dublin area. The position may require international travel on occasion.
If successful, you will be assigned to Project Stryker, the Remote Broadcast Centre owned and operated by Riot Games. You will work across the Riot Games’ Esport broadcasts featuring championships and tournaments from titles; League of Legends, Wild Rift and Valorant. You will be working with the latest technology in the most advanced Remote Broadcast Centre in the World.
- Ingesting media/assets.
- Building of sources using relevant software packages.
- Perform system and user testing for new processes and workflows, logging performance and potential output to assist future productions.
- Application and logging of metadata for live events, extraction of administration/technical/structural metadata from broadcast regions.
- Consistently meet the Global Content Operations standards and metadata tagging benchmarks for timeliness and accuracy.
- Quality control and monitoring of broadcast recordings and associated files – ensuring records match the Media Management plan agreed per event. Execute checks, confirmations, and quality control on assets to ensure they adhere to technical specifications. Effectively communicate issues and flag errors as they arise.
- Content delivery for assigned content partners e.g., Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, and any other distribution partner worldwide, following publishing guidelines set by GCO.
- Help fulfil the needs of product, creative and on-air production teams to ensure all footage and materials are delivered in a timely manner.
- Work closely with EVS to share and export clips/footage as required.
- Continue metadata tagging of assets.
- Delivery of all associated media and assets as promised according to the Media Management plan.
- Prepare for next day’s records etc as per the Media Management plan.
- Update and maintain all SOPs and contribute to new SOPs and the sharing of business/skill knowledge.
- Performing regular reporting on performance of the centres by identifying and tracking data for KPI.
This position will have access to all of Riot Games’ live and pre-recorded assets and, as such, must be managed with great integrity. Professional and best practice behaviours in this role are essential at all times.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite apps, and ability to learn and utilise Google business apps.
- Ability to travel and represent Global Content Operations onsite at broadcast events, ensuring recording and delivery of media.
- Communication – the ability to speak and produce documentation that can be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, style, and communication tools. Communicate across departments to ensure seamless integration. Effectively communicate issues and flag errors as they arise.
- Teamwork – a sense of team can make a significant difference in whether you meet or fail your objectives. Team meetings are required to share information, tips and successes are essential. Just as important is creating and maintaining the bond across the team.
- Initiative – the willingness to move things forward by taking action without needing to be asked and without due escalation.
- Resilience – the ability to cope with difficulty, negotiate obstacles, to optimise performance in the face of adversity. Take rejection as a personal challenge to succeed with the next client and turn a loss into a development opportunity.
- Organising Work – the ability to marshal and manage resources to achieve a task. Able to manage your time efficiently, to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish goals. Be conscientious and take great pride in your work. How-to prioritise workload and asks.
- Inquisitive – the ability to ask appropriate questions and understand the implications.
- Analysis – the ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity – the ability to recognise clearly and accurately others’ points of view, feelings and needs and the willingness to take these into account.
- Integrity – the willingness to adhere to social, ethical, professional and organisational standards. Be respectful and listen to others.
- Achievement Orientation – the determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations.
- Judgement – the ability to be rational, objective and unbiased when making decisions or taking action.
- Visionary – the ability to demonstrate personal commitment to Company goals in an energetic way so as to motivate others and create an environment where the core values are realised.
- 2-3 years’ experience with Media Asset Management System.
- Experience with any of the following software is highly preferred – Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud tools, and other NLE and broadcast applications.
- Experience with any of the following DAM/MAM platforms is preferred: Iconik, Cantemo, Front Porch Digital or Dalet, and media conversion tools like Adobe Media Encoder, Elemental Server, Telestream Vantage.
- Passionate about troubleshooting issues, exploring, and experimenting new methods.
- Working knowledge of main broadcast and digital video and audio formats.
- Experience with cloud-based & file-accelerated media upload applications and understanding of the conversion of video formats to be deliverable across a variety of networks and platforms.
- Passionate about Esports, specifically Riot Games products.
- Any background or experience with Live production - with strong fundamentals in video content production workflows and related production technologies.
- Basic knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Experience working with and operating EVS for file extraction.