Gravity Media provide production, programming and content services for every broadcast need. Our three broad categories of expertise – Media Services & Facilities; Production & Content; and Equipment Rental & Sales – span the entire broadcast spectrum.
Our flexible Production Centre in Chiswick offers full live remote production, live streams, in-match clips for social, rolling edits and crafted highlights, along with features and traditional post-productions.
Based in our Chiswick office, our Broadcast Engineers are responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of our technical facilities, both on and offsite, encompassing satellite downlink and fibre feeds, and providing EVS, Edit and Studio gallery guarantee.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of MCR and line operations encompassing satellite downlink and fibre services, EVS and studio gallery guarantee.
- MCR operations and co-ordination of live feeds from incoming lines through to playouts and line recordings and co-ordination of facilities in other technical areas such as post production.
- Quality checking of incoming and outgoing feeds, edited content for playout or dispatch and equipment movement for all areas.
- To assist the Resources department and operational staff to ensure all bookings are correctly resourced and delivered to meet the clients’ requirements.
- Maintaining broadcast and post-production technology across all broadcast systems.
- Providing support of broadcast technology at offsite operations.
- Undertaking of minor broadcast technology projects.
- Supporting other members of the Engineering team on major technology projects.
- Working with and configuration of industry standard file-based technology and workflows.
- Co-ordination of equipment movement across all operational areas.
- To assist in planning and implementing system and infrastructure upgrades and expansion.
- To maintain setup and system configuration across a range of broadcast equipment.
- Responding to new requirements as they arise and are delegated to the team by the Engineering Supervisor and Senior Engineers.
- Educated to a senior level within a scientific or equivalent and relevant discipline
- Video and audio formats used for Broadcast, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI etc.
- Principles of video and audio transmission. Broadcast monitoring. Broadcast Video Servers – EVS, AirSpeed.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Camera Channels, Vision, Switchers, Sound Mixer technology.
- Avid Post Production Systems, Media Composer, and NEXIS shared storage.
- Broadcast Graphics systems and data integration. EVS IPDirector, XTAccess etc.
- File encoding formats and delivery mechanisms.
- Understanding of structured cable systems and cable patching and routing.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Logical thinking with good problem-solving and fault finding skills in diverse systems.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live environment and within programme requirements.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- For junior applicants – any relevant experience, employment or otherwise, within the broadcasting industry.
- For senior applicants – a minimum of three years’ experience in an operational and broadcast engineering based role.