Junior AnalystReports to:
All 4 / ProductJob Family
– Customer Insight & AnalyticsLocation
: LondonDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
This role sits within the All 4 department in Channel 4. All 4 is one of the biggest and youngest skewing UK broadcaster video-on-demand services, with over 10,000 hours of content, over 5m monthly viewing accounts, and 75% of UK 16-34s registered with the service. It’s home to some of the biggest and noisiest shows on TV, from Gogglebox to Derry Girls, It’s A Sin to Come Dine with Me. All 4 is available on over 20 different platforms including TVs, mobiles and PCs, and the department is tasked with making sure that no matter where it’s consumed, the experience is as easy and enjoyable as possible.
In the Analytics team, we work across almost every area of the business that needs VOD data, and Analysts have a lot of autonomy and influence. It’s our job to help our stakeholders make better, data-driven decisions, by shedding light on how viewers are behaving – and this means we find ourselves working on a wide, fascinating, and ever-changing range of projects. We work particularly closely with our colleagues in the wider Experiments, Analytics & Insight team to push hypotheses through a test & learn framework, to answer questions comprehensively, and inspire real change.JOB PURPOSE
You’ll live and breathe our behavioural data. You’ll be observing and proactively reporting on trends, spotting issues and opportunities. You’ll work closely with our experimentation team to bring a rounded and actionable perspective on viewer behaviour.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Telling the stories behind our behavioural dataset, focusing on delivering actionable insight whatever form it may take (dashboards, presentations, conversations)
- Manipulating a range of data sets, some of which are clean and structured but some that’ll be new and challenging; creating data structures that enable exploration
- Responding to a mix of urgent smaller requests and longer more exploratory questions
- Building a strong relationship with the Product team, translating their insight requirements into well-defined pieces of analysis
- Working closely with the rest of the Experiments, Analytics & Insight team, drawing on each other’s strengths to maintain our reputation for high quality work
- Becoming an expert on all the data we collect, helping the team to look at the existing way we have set up tracking to understand user behaviour
- Analysing and summarising experiment outcomes into informative conclusions that provide stakeholders with clear take-aways
- Learning new skills, and putting them into practice so we’re continually improving
Attributes you’ll need to thrive in this role:
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- You take a positive approach to tackling problems and find ways to identify suitable solutions.
- You communicate thoughts and ideas, verbally or in writing. You simplify complexities and adapt communication so others can understand.
- Passion for new technology; Ideally some exposure to a modern programming language
- You strive for quality outcomes and excellence in everything you do.
- You are inquisitive, you seek out new information and look for new ways to develop yourself.
- Genuine enthusiasm to learn new skills; training and switching to new tools and methods is standard practice
- Close attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Enjoy collaborating and working with others
- You’re interested in All 4 and Channel 4
- Candidates must have a university degree with a numerical background, or relevant work experience.
- Strong base knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability and enthusiasm to develop these skills. Previous modelling experience is preferred but not essential.
- Strong writing and analytical skills. Knowledge of data analytics is advantageous.