For nearly half a century, the National Film and Television School (NFTS) has developed some of Britain and the world’s top creative talent. It is widely acknowledged to be the top school of its kind in the UK and one of the best internationally. In 2018, the NFTS was awarded both the BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema and the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
The NFTS is looking to recruit a new Head of Department to lead the Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition Masters course. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is excited about imparting their knowledge to, and inspiring the next generation of film and television executives.
The NFTS Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition course started in 2017 and has already established an enviable reputation. Graduate employment is stellar with students quickly securing work on graduation at leading Distributors, Sales Companies and television and games studios.
As an experienced executive you will have solid understanding, knowledge and practical experience of industry customs and practices.
Applicants need to be excellent communicators possessing strong interpersonal skills and a passion for student learning.
REPORTING TO: Director, NFTS
Purpose of role:
The course leader post requires an experienced executive in the area of Marketing / Distribution and/or in Sales / Retail with a solid understanding, knowledge and practical experience of industry customs and practices.
As Head of Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition you will:
1. Impart knowledge to and inspire the next generation of film and television-makers.
2. Take part in the selection of students to ensure the most talented students secure a place at the NFTS.
3. Monitor the work of each individual student attending reviews and discussions to make sure participants receive proper analysis of all their work at each stage together with practical recommendations.
4. Provide familiarisation for other specialisations that need a basic understanding of the opportunities afforded by successful Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition.
5. Lead the Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition Masters curriculum and support the delivery of other School provision delivered by the School.
6. Review the departmental budget with the School Management Accountant and maintain budgetary control, ensuring that the department keeps within its financial limits.
7. Take an active part in recruiting Tutors, keeping up-to-date lists
• This post requires an executive in the area of Marketing / Distribution and/or in Sales / Retail with solid understanding, knowledge and practical experience of the industry.
• An essential quality is the ability to recognise and foster potential talent, whilst also ensuring students reach the standards required of them.
• You should also have the ability to engage with the other departments of the NFTS.
• Heads of Department need to be adept at running their area smoothly and efficiently
• Heads of Department are expected to inspire enthusiasm amongst the students and staff for whom they are responsible.
• Good interpersonal skills are essential.
To apply for this role, please visit our website and submit your CV, a covering letter (including your salary expectation) and our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 24th June 2021.
At the NFTS, people are at the heart of what we do. We’re an inclusive employer and are committed to equality of opportunity, and building a culturally diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds.