Broadcast VFX Artist/Motion Designer required for Manchester city centre boutique post production facility offering ADR, voice over, audio, colour grading, VFX and motion graphics.
Essential: 2-3 years relevant experience in broadcast environment
Rabble Post is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and 'can do' VFX Motion Artist to join our team, producing mainly short form content, broadcast TV commercials and documentaries for some of the biggest brands and advertising agencies.
The ideal candidate will already be working at post production facility for 2-3 years or agency delivering work to broadcast, with a confident knowledge of broadcast specs/delivery/systems & requirements.
Based out of bespoke designer offices in the heart of Deansgate.
Full time position, office based Mon-Fri + unexpected hours due to client deadlines.
Salary according to skills & experience.
Start date: September 2022
Rabble Post is an independent Ltd company as part of The Mob Film Company group.
*Full job description:
Broadcast Motion Designer/VFX Artist
Reports to: Post-Producer
Execute each online brief to the highest of standards, producing the required visuals on schedule and within budget. Collaborate and lead projects, as well as mentoring junior staff. You should constantly seek new ways to push boundaries and create breath-taking visuals – your solid communication skills combined with your passion will enable to VFX team to be industry leaders.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with production team to assess each new picture and/or project, reviewing breakdown of the creative, workflow, time, and costs involved
- Where required, create pre-visualisation concepts (style frames) to establish the visual effects direction, and oversee creation
- Complete each online brief to the highest standard – overseeing from a creative and technical perspective, ensuring Rabble deliver each client’s brief on schedule and within budget
- Oversee online and VFX creation, ensuring the standard is kept consistent between artists
- Adhere to storyboards, client treatments, and brand guidelines
- Produce the required technical documentation (VFX shot list) for each project and maintain throughout the job until final delivery
- Monitor the workflow for each online project ensuring each element is given the appropriate amount of time (this should be confirmed before starting work) and share updates with the production team – identifying key areas that may affect delivery
- Attend shoot days where necessary on VFX and CGI jobs
- Maintain excellent client relations and be the spokesperson for the VFX, Motion GFX, and 3D elements
- Work with a level of self-drive autonomy, whilst reliably and effectively driving the VFX team development; guiding and supporting where needed
- Research, identify, and recommend new visual effects trends and technology to ensure that Rabble is always working to industry standards and above – share materials and findings with the team
Technology and Software
- Extensive knowledge of VFX tools including but not limited to After Effects, Redshift
- Continue to develop skillset in Fusion and Cinema 4D
- During quiet periods identify software for personal development i.e. Unreal Engine/Flame, and recommend the best way of moving forward with learning
· Thorough understanding of the full VFX pipeline including 3D, 2D
· Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills across creative and technical areas
in a broadcast setting
· Creative eye and strong aesthetic flare: composition, cinematic design, and animation
· Innate sense of composition, light, and colour with excellent attention to detail
· Ability to overcome hurdles with creative, elegant, seamless solutions
· Strong people skills are essential
· The ability to remain calm under pressure
· Strong time management and organisation skills
. Experience of delivering TV content/commercials &/or programmes
- Experience with Redshift
- Previous on-set supervision experience
- Tech savvy; doesn’t shy away from technical related challenges, with a willingness to explore solutions
- The initiative and motivation to drive technical and creative development
- Actively contribute to the can-do culture within Rabble
- Ensure that business is opened and closed in line with company practices
- Help maintain that workplace and client attended areas are kept to an acceptable standard
- Assist with taking calls/enquiries in absence of production staff
- Reactive and willing to flexibly work additional hours at times to ensure project delivery