About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to train for the role of a Broadcast Engineering specialist. The successful candidate will join the Timeline technology team at the fast-paced BT Sport broadcast facility in Stratford, East London. In this role you will install, maintain and support a variety video equipment and will assist in studio productions and a broad range of project work.
This a three+ year development programme giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop practical skills for an exciting and rewarding career in broadcast engineering. As an Apprentice, you can expect to learn a lot with hands on instruction from well-established Engineers within an innovative organisation that will put you at the forefront of new and exciting developments in broadcast technology and prepare you for long-term career. This will be blended with learning at Ravensbourne University which will give you a degree at the end of the scheme.
Our Apprentice Broadcast Engineer role could be right for you if you are interested in pursuing one of the following careers:
• Edit Support
• Lead Broadcast Engineer
• Systems Specialist
• Database Systems Specialist
Development and Learning Expectations / Responsibilities
Learning and Developing your skills whilst participating in our Apprentice Programme will also involve supporting the effective operation of Broadcast systems and workflows at BT Sport, which involves the following:
• Monitoring and optimising the performance of video, control and network systems in a broadcast environment.
• Assisting in the preparation of the facilities for productions.
• Assisting staff and freelance engineering teams with rigging and operating equipment for studio shows and remote sites in the Olympic Park.
• Providing front-line maintenance to address faults in a timely manner.
• Escalating issues and communicating with senior team members and vendor support as required.
• Completing routine maintenance and regular system checks.
• Being involved in the evaluation of new systems and workflows.
• Ensuring that business documentation and workflows are created and updated.
• Working as part of a project team on new installations.
You be working directly alongside our skilled engineers, getting hands-on experience on projects in studio productions for our major broadcast clients. After a full induction, we will also offer you a mix of internal and external training at Ravensbourne University, and you will have access to your own mentor to support your career development.
We don’t need you to have worked in a broadcasting or studio environment before but there are some key requirements:
• Logic, curiosity and exceptional reasoning skills are essential in any systems environment so you should have a passion for technology and a talent for problem solving. We will require a good knowledge of IT and networking, as well as video theory, and the ability to assess video signals.
• Everyone in the team has to deal directly with our clients, so strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as confidence in dealing with people at a range of different levels. The ability to work well in a team environment with is essential.
Why join Timeline Television?
In addition to being part of a company that is at the forefront of cutting-edge broadcast technology, we offer a range of perks and benefits such as the Cycle to Work scheme, private health care, a medical cashback scheme and a ‘legendary’ Christmas party!
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects that really matter, and we offer a variety of training and development opportunities.
As well as your CV please send us a covering letter explaining why you would like to join Timeline Television as an Apprentice.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this scheme