Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: Project Manager (Content)
Location: London HFR
Contract: 18 Months FTC
The Technology department is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services to enable business users to carry out their roles efficiently, productively and securely. The department must stay at the forefront of technology change in order to meet multiple business requirements, provide secure IT infrastructure and proactively support C4 strategic growth opportunities.
This role requires an experienced BA who has worked within project delivery teams, completing varied Business Analyst activities in support of project delivery to replace the Channel’s legacy bespoke Content Management Systems (CMS) with commercial off the shelf (COTS) products as well as supporting business as usual projects.
You will be involved in the business analysis of a Royalties and Sales RFP and New Content Management system RFP, and subsequent implementation of the new off the shelf systems including migration and transition. This could extend to other projects across the programme of work or wider department in parallel working on other Content systems.
You will need an appreciation and understanding of media domain applications and services.
You’ll also have extensive hands-on experience of articulating the bigger picture, analysing and specifying the end to end requirements and helping to shape solutions by working with all relevant stakeholders including Product, Architecture, UX/Design, Technical Leads and other BAs.
- Work with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to capture and document business requirements both at a high and detailed level
- Build and maintain good business relationships with all stakeholders
- Use appropriate techniques to elicit requirements from stakeholders, both technical & non-technical
- Ensure a consistent approach to requirements development and management using best practice
- Lead workshops and inception activities, facilitate meetings effectively and timely
- Advise key stakeholders on results of analysis including presenting options to enable appropriate decision making
- Produce and manage user stories, screen flows, sitemaps, wireframes, user scenarios and functional specifications used by developers, designers and the test team
- Work with the delivery team designer as part of refining and updating designs
- For specific projects, participate in and coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT), analyse and prioritise findings to support deliverables
- When appropriate, provide input into multivariate/usability testing
- Document information models and external system interfaces that are within scope
- Work with internal teams to detail screen and data flows as well as data structures
- Work with business teams to agree solutions to requirements through product selection and process improvements
- Work with the Project Managers to provide a breakdown of tasks and associated estimates to produce deliverables
- Perform requirements verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, traceable, verifiable, and conform to defined standards
- Participate in reviews, showcases of developed products derived from the requirements
- Assist delivery team on day to day basis to answer details about requirements
- Report into the Project Manager and provide regular progress updates against tasks
- Document Current State/ Target State Process maps across multiple business areas, validate with stakeholders and keep updated
- Perform Gap analysis against package based systems
- Work with external software vendors throughout the development lifecycle on requirements/ functional specs /HL Designs/ requirements tracking for UAT and Test.
- Assist with production of business case and work with the business to help them define, articulate and identify how to measure benefits.
- Comfortable facilitating workshops with business and IT teams.
- Support architects and business in production of HL Designs and solutions
- Willing to help with UAT and testing when required.
- Acquire & share knowledge of business processes and systems, identifying areas for process improvements
- Support user training of delivered applications
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Proven experience operating as a Business Analyst
- Proven experience of RFP’s, RFI submissions and related lifecycle activities
- Excellent knowledge of Royalties and Content Management systems domains
- Experience in Business process engineering
- Experience of the full software development delivery lifecycle for technology projects from requirements and design through technical delivery to implementation
- Experience in analysing usability and workflow efficiencies and making recommendations for improvements
- Experience in business transformation projects and large business change
- Highly organised and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to present ideas verbally and in writing to both internal and external stakeholders including vendors
- Proven stakeholder management skills, with the acumen to be aware and act on any issues that need to be reported
- Good facilitation and influential skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to judge when things need to be escalated
- Proven experience in managing across several concurrent projects and activities
- A proactive self starter with the ability to prioritise and plan own workload, managing deadlines and other constraints
- Proven team player who enjoys working with and supporting colleagues
- Can handle autonomy and be fully trusted to work to shared goals
- An analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and focussed on getting things done
- Able to break down complex activities into manageable activities and tasks
- Creative with the ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems
- Experience of Agile software development approach and the Jira product, or a similar platform, is desirable
- Business Analysis, Agile and/or Project Management certifications beneficial
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Working with off the shelf applications and their suppliers
- Experience in creating sitemaps, wireframes and creating functional specifications suitable for teams to work from
- Knowledge of information design, information science and Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- An understanding of user-centred design processes