: London Please note: the hiring process will require attendance to an Assessment Centre held in London. There are several open vacancies available for the AV Assistant role. DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
AV (Audio Visual) Sales are charged with generating maximum commercial revenue on sustainable basis. The principal focus is airtime & All4 however there is also emphasis on cross-sell partnership opportunities, liaising with specialist team as & when appropriate.
AV Sales are responsible for ensuring that inventory is fully optimised. The AV Team advises the Trading Team as to level of flexibility within deal book, what sales policy might encompass and then manages & delivers deals subsequently negotiated to a successful conclusion.JOB PURPOSE
The job holder will process campaign approvals both linear & digital, ensuring that they are delivered in line with agreed terms, inventory allowing. The job holder will work directly with Campaign Operations and the other portfolio teams to ensure that inventory is optimised to the maximum benefit of Channel 4. The job holder will seek to identify sales opportunities to maximise 4Sales revenue while carrying out their daily tasks. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process campaigns requests and ensure campaigns are set up, booked and delivered
- Ensure spots are scheduled efficiently, in line with deal parameters and in accordance with company and industry guidelines and regulations
- Monitor campaigns on a daily basis to endure deals are delivered and airtime is optimised.
- Respond to ongoing agency requests and queries
- Support Sales Executives and others in maintaining agency relationships
- Ensure traffic deadlines are met
- Running day to day administrative systems and providing procedural support to the rest of the Account Team
- Support Sales Executives in administering select parameters on Channel 4 and where appropriate, Channel 4’s digital channels, Channel 4’s All4 VOD platform and its third party trading partners.
Technical & Professional Skills
- An understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, (including Excel up to intermediate standard)
- Good negotiating and sales skills
- Knowledge of the Account Team’s portfolio
- Must be able to work with little supervision within guidelines
- Seeks guidance for problems such as continuing agency conflict, significant changes to campaigns and late sales or problems that fall outside of guidelines
- Judgement on placing ads responsibly according to industry regulations and guidelines
- Able to develop good external and internal relationships: it is essential to maintain an open and
- communicative relationship with all stakeholders
- A point of contact for all agency airtime problems and issues: a client-facing role developing and maintaining effective relationships with agencies
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Constantly balance customer relationships with maximising the capacity of Channel 4.
- Resolves day-to-day trading issue with partners, involving the Sales Executive, Agency Sales Manager and Group Agency Sales Manager if appropriate.
- Resolves day-to-day internal issues of schedule changes, optimising airtime and creating inventory to allow late sales.
- Monitors campaigns for accuracy of delivery versus agreed terms; ensures that inventory is optimised with minimal wastage.
- Time management - able to juggle and prioritise tasks according to strict deadlines.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience of working in a sales or customer service environment
- Excellent numerical ability
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of building relationships quickly
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of working within TV/VOD sales
- Awareness of industry guidelines and regulations (OFCOM, BCAP, Clearcast)