Factual Fast Track Wales
PAID PRODUCTION PLACEMENT * TOP-FLIGHT TRAINING * COMMISSIONING INSIGHTS * LEADING INDUSTRY MENTORS
For the Welsh language advert please click here
I weld yr hysbyseb Cymraeg, cliciwch yma
Factual Fast Track is a trailblazing development programme designed to accelerate the careers of Wales’ most talented and creative factual producers.
This reputation building programme fast tracks established producers by raising their profiles, extending their skills and experience and expanding their networks so they become business winning series producers, executive producers and development execs for Wales. Funded by Channel 4, BBC, S4C and Creative Wales, Fast Track is now recruiting its second cohort of Fast Trackers to inspire confidence and ensure factual production in Wales goes from strength to strength and continues to flourish.
Successful candidates will benefit from top flight industry training, paid production placements, commissioner and production mentors, exclusive access to commissioners, insight into commissioning processes and priorities, one to one support and being part of a cohort of outstanding producers.
Factual Fast Track’s purpose is to build confidence in and raise the profile of Welsh factual production talent. To this end, everyone selected for an interview will be invited to attend a selection of the FFT training courses. To apply, you must be working in the unscripted sector in Wales or be able to provide evidence of your commitment to working here. To be eligible you will:
- Have a strong track record in factual production and have at least 3 years' experience at PD, development producer, producer or SP level across a range of factual output and have a minimum of three relevant broadcast credits
- Work in one or more of the following genres: factual, specialist factual, factual entertainment or in development
- Be a stand-out programme maker with editorial and creative confidence who is willing to push boundaries and take risks to challenge assumptions.
- Be an innovative and original thinker who has been instrumental in creating ground-breaking shows loved by both audiences and broadcasters.
- Be passionate about and/or experience of creating production teams with a broad range of voices and backgrounds.
- Have the experience or the potential to be a strategic leader with the skills and resilience to lead collaborative and creative teams
- Be able to start this development programme in September 2021 – September 2022 and commit to attending between one and two training or commissioning events every month
We are looking for diversity of voice, insights and experience. We encourage applications from under-represented groups in the TV industry, including those from Black, Asian and ethnic backgrounds, disabled people, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and returners-to-work. Whilst the ability to speak Welsh is not mandatory, two places will be ring fenced for fluent Welsh speakers with excellent Welsh language communication skills and who are committed to working bilingually.
If you are interested in hearing more about Factual Fast Track, please register for the live Zoom event (date TBC) covering Factual Fast Track content and tips for how to complete the application form by emailing email@example.com
Before you apply for Factual Fast Track, please refer to the Further Information document by clicking this link. Interviews will be held in August 2021