Head of Post Production
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our group of post-production facilities as we expand and open a new facility in Manchester. We’ve recently been awarded one of Broadcast Best Places to Work 2022. Our expanding business is now in need of a Head of Post Production for Manchester. This is an amazing opportunity to join from the very start and help grow the facility. They will be offered the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work with some of the best Production Companies and Broadcasters in the industry. With a strong commitment and good sense of humour, they will work on an array of programmes from feature docs, to entertainment series.
We would expect you to be one of the main points of contact for all facility bookings and act as a liaison between clients and technical staff. You will be responsible for managing client productions and making sure that everything is scheduled efficiently.
Requirements and Responsibilities
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in post-production, with proven experience of managing teams and having a working knowledge of scheduling systems. Knowledge of Farmers Wife would be an advantage.
· A strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise whilst remaining calm under pressure.
· Excellent at problem solving with ever changing schedules, you will be expected to deal with issues patiently and offer flexible solutions quickly.
· Ability to communicate professionally and confidently to clients, staff, freelancers and suppliers.
· Strong technical knowledge - confidence to advise clients on their editing needs, ask the right questions and offer relevant solutions.
· The ability to give clear instructions and ensure efficient hand overs between departments.
· Overseeing all aspects of the post production process from ingest to delivery. This must specifically include AVID, editing workflows, deliverables for multiple broadcasters.
· Regularly checking the schedule to ensure resources are booked correctly and efficiently. Having excellent communication with the Director of Post Production.
· Line Managing the Creative and Bookings department.
· Quoting on all new business and returning projects. Producing projected sales on a monthly basis for the Managing Director.
· Ensuring projects are running on time and on budget, and ensuring this is communicated to the client.
· Leasing with Department Heads across the business to ensure all projects are booked in and completed to the highest standard.
· Training of new staff members and supporting the team.
· Client entertaining, attending industry events and generating leads for the Sales Team.
· Occasional travel to London for department meetings and team socials.
If you have all of the relevant skills, experience and are looking to join a team that will support you and provide you with a busy but enjoyable working environment, please send in your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com detailing why you think you’d be a good fit with your salary expectations and notice period.
If you’d prefer to talk to us first, please email the above address to request a (confidential) discussion about the role.