Do you have 3-5 years industry motion graphic design experience, and an interest in cycling? PSN (the home of Global Cycling Network) is looking for a Motion Graphic Designer to join the team and help to grow our channels.
The Motion Graphics team are responsible for designing and animating key motion graphic elements for all content across all Play Sports Network (PSN) content including GCN+ long form documentaries, races, editorial, commercial, digital promotions, and multimedia campaigns. You will work collaboratively with the Head of Content and video creators to produce high-quality media content.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and animate graphics for our channels and commercial department. Examples include: experiential GFX segments, digital signage, promos, show/segment intros, bumpers, interstitials, bugs, lower 3rds and transitions.
- Design and animate graphics for original video productions, digital signage and various other short format segments.
- Mentor junior motion designers.
- Ensure permission and rights for any licensed material used.
- Assist with special projects and internal assignments.
- Maintain file structures and project organisation.
- Assist with the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and example animation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years motion graphic design industry experience.
- Experienced with Trapcode (especially Particular and Mir).
- Understand the technical processes and pipeline involved in video production.
- Competent with MAC OS and MAC environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and related plugins.
- Generalist, working knowledge of Cinema 4D and related modules.
- Familiar with working with a variety of resolutions, multi-panel configurations, frame rates, and pixel aspect ratios.
- Experienced in team leading and/or mentoring more junior members of a team.
- Interactive, UI Design, mobile app design/production experience and ability to draw or storyboard a plus.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday per annum, bank holidays + additional closure week over Christmas
- Scottish Widows pension plan
- Modern, air conditioned, open plan offices in Bath city centre
- Free access to the GCN+ App and Race Pass
- Welcome GCN/ GMBN clothing gifts
- Up to 50% discount in GCN, GMBN, EMBN and GTN shops
- Summer bike rides during office hours
- Free birthday pizza
- Free pre-payday lunches
- Festive party and events