Job Title: Technical Operations Manager - Unscripted
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Overall Job Purpose: Managing the Technical Operations department in Manchester
Main tasks and responsibilities
· To work in collaboration with our engineering team to ensure technical innovation is used as a driver of competitive advantage, so our business is staying ahead of industry trends and anticipating customer needs.
· To work closely with our production clients, across all genres, to understand their requirements on each project, to devise workflow solutions covering everything from capture, ingest, media management, QC, delivery and archive.
· Documenting and monitoring all project workflows, maintaing good communication with Craft and Producer team. Escalating and troubleshooting any issues as they arise.
· Working with the Head of Operations to ensure information and resources are shared with the wider Farm Operations Team. Identify areas of improvement & work in collaboration with the Head of Operations to ensure solutions are implemented.
· Line managing Manchester Technical Operators, overseeing their development and assisting them with any challenges they face. Tracking and reviewing performance in the Manchester Operations Team, to be accessible and keep in regular contact with all Technical Operators.
· Producing the monthly Operations shift schedule, keeping across production schedules and last minute changes.
· Keeping an overview of all kit and resources within the Manchester Operations department, ensuring we are efficiently managing hired resources within budget.
· Recruitment and placement of Operations department staff members.
· Implementing and maintaing training programmes, producing accessible technical guides.
· A point of escalation for trouble-shooting or technical issues that can’t be dealt with by Edit Support.
· Partake in any ad-hoc jobs delegated by Head of Operations such as workflow testing & attending client meetings
· Manage holiday & leave of Technical Operators
· Undertake ad hoc projects and administrative tasks that are relevant to the operation of the department
· wellbeing and communication to all members of the Manchester Operations department