If graphics and animation excite you, if code excites you, this role is for you.
You’ll be part of the London Broadcast Graphics team. You will be the developer for our web based automated graphics and data systems with occasional work on bespoke graphics systems. There will also be various special projects that will appear from time to time.
You will be involved from the beginning phases with interpreting design documents and files from the motion graphics or design teams. Development of production ready templates from these designs would be your prime focus followed by rigorous testing with the wider teams. Lastly documenting the workflows and creating instructional guides will round out your chief responsibilities.
Thinking outside the box and coming up with unique solutions is highly desirable and an organised work ethic is critical, as often your work is used by others and by machines.
- Writing new code or modifying existing code to work with new and old graphic templates.
- Working in web environments and dedicated graphics systems.
- Creating or modifying databases for use with DTC, VOD or ad hoc projects.
- Designing workflows to handle code compatibility across graphics systems.
- Handling testing, troubleshooting and investigating issues.
- Problem solving around optimization and getting elements to work in real time.
- Converting static designs into automated and responsive graphics templates.
- Working with external and internal design teams
- Documenting workflows and writing instructional guides.
- Assist the operational teams and regional stakeholders.
- Sharing in the upkeep and management of all shared departmental documents/folders
- Knowledge of database systems and data integration
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to a tight deadline
- Top class attention to detail and out-of-this-world organization skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Team player
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Other coding languages such as Python and VB are a plus
- Some skills, training, and experience in graphics production
- An understanding of After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Understanding of video and image file formats
- Knowledge of the broadcast graphics production processes
- The Broadcast Graphics team is responsible for graphics across UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa:
- Production, presentation, branding, automated, commercial graphics.
- 100+ feeds
- 19 diverse and prestigious Brands
- Delivering over 3 million graphics annually in 13 languages
- Ensure a 99.99% accuracy rating on all graphics.