PEOPLE ADVISOR ROLE- Maternity Cover (Hybrid Working)
Whisper is a leading content production company specialising in high-end sports production, branded entertainment, and unscripted television. The company has been voted as Best Places to Work in TV by Broadcast Magazine in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in 2022, which will be our busiest yet.
We are looking for a dynamic People Advisor- Maternity Cover with good communication and written skills. Working as a key member of the People team, they will provide a commercial people service to our core functions. They will support all elements of the employee experience from joining Whisper group, to going on family leave, to leaving, and everything in between. They will also work closely with the Head of People to strategically support the Whisper group, working on engagement, sense of belonging, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion initiatives.
Whisper is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Whisper’s People team.
- Partner Support and Line Management Development: providing support and guidance to key stakeholders to help them manage their areas of responsibility.
- Encourage smart ways of working through continuous review of people processes, use of people data and input of people information
- Policies and Procedures: providing advice to the business on the application of all Whisper policies and processes, and involvement in amending/updating our policies where appropriate.
- Work with the Head of People to deliver monthly people metric reviews
- Support Head of People with implementation of people projects as required
- Provide guidance to employees on employee lifecycle activities from onboarding to leaving including employee benefits.
- Support hiring managers with recruitment campaigns end to end
- Be an advocate of our people strategy and business change activity in line with the business vision including our People and Diversity strategies.
- Reporting: making full use of the HR systems to deliver regular reporting to the business in relation to holiday usage, retention, exit interview feedback/trends, absence trends, etc,
- Family leave - providing guidance to individuals, partners and line managers regarding maternity, paternity, parental and shared parental leave. Promoting the use of share parental leave amongst all employees.
- Coordinate all new hire paperwork, issuing employment contracts, Workday setup, administration of right to work and pre-employment background checks.
- Draft documentation supporting employment matters including (but not limited to) contractual changes, references, etc.
- Manage the People Team inbox and respond to day-to-day queries from managers and employees.
- Be a natural advocate of our Company values
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working at People Advisor level in a generalist role (essential)
- Ability to liaise with and manage stakeholders at all levels
- CIPD qualified or working towards qualification (preferable)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of employment law
- Ability to think logically and practical
- Commercial awareness
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Strong self-starter and initiative
- Good influencing skills with confidence to constructively challenge
Working Days: Monday – Friday (3 days in the office and 2 days from home if needed). Whisper also offers the option of flexitime hours subject to the People Team requirements, with an option finish at 4pm on Fridays.
Location: Your main base will be Kew offices, but you may be required to work on other lotions at times.
Start: Immediate, but we are willing to wait for the right candidate
Salary: Based on experience
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org