Product Manager (18 Month FTC)Reports to:
Chief Architect - TechnologyDepartment:
London HFR DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
The Technology department is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems and services to enable business users to carry out their roles efficiently, productively and securely. The department must stay at the forefront of technology change in order to meet multiple business requirements, provide secure IT infrastructure and proactively support C4 strategic growth opportunities. JOB PURPOSE
This role is to manage team deliverables and logistics between multiple internal and external parties.
The job holder will lead and manage a combined team of delivery, functional and technical professionals and be the main point of engagement to implement projects to meet the business goals.
The projects will involve development, across multiple systems (in house and external) and require interfacing with third parties; as such experience delivering development projects spanning multiple teams is essential.
The role will also involve working co-operatively and consultatively with a number of key business stakeholders. The successful engagement and management of these stakeholders will also be a critical element of the role as you will manage scope, prioritisation, budget, and resources. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Project Planning: lead multi-phased concurrent projects, planning effort, including the formulation of the overall Design with our architects, build and test effort, integration with legacy and inflight system projects working in conjunction with other teams.
- Project Control: Leads the development of effective plans for controlling project scope, schedule and cost baseline, and monitors the project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed. Approves documentation to explain changes to the baseline, and ensures the approved changes are implemented. Monitors change control logs of all submitted change requests and their status. Ensures work is delivered within the Technology Delivery Framework, including delivery of project artefacts and documentation
- Project Communications & Stakeholder Management: Develop an effective plan for communicating project information to the stakeholders (e.g. Steering Group). Resolves or escalates project issues. Communicates status of the work stream to relevant stakeholders, other IS work streams and wider programme areas such as design, change and transition
- Project Risk and Issue Management: Leads the definition of Delivery risks, and the required mitigation approaches. Monitors work stream activities for the occurrence of risks, and takes timely action to mitigate the risk. Advises project team members, stakeholders and senior management of actions required or completed. Resolves problems by analysing issues, discerning the most appropriate courses of actions, providing tactical direction and, when necessary, reallocating resources
- Resource Management: Manage a team comprised of business analyst, technical lead, online video engineer and quality assurance. Ensures team members are adequately educated and performing at the required level. Selects, develops, and motivates assigned staff
- Budgetary & Cost Control: maintains clear and transparent cost control across all areas of the project, providing regular forecast/spend against budget projection
- Full system development and implementation lifecycle: from inception, design, build & test to a live fully supported system, accepted by the business stakeholder, project / programme timescales ranging from 3 months+ in duration. Responding to user queries and issues that will occur in Production.
- Proven Project Manager experience
- Demonstrable track record of success with demanding customers and time pressures
- Recent experience of managing large scale application development with legacy system integration projects
- In depth theoretical and hands-on experience of project management methodologies e.g. Agile (SCRUM, Kanban and SAFe) and Waterfall (PRINCE2)
- Ability to harness and apply the most appropriate elements of iterative and agile development approaches and to a lesser extend waterfall
- Demonstrable understanding of leading requirements definition and process design
- DevOps support for service delivery liaising with client and operations teams to resolve live issues
- Strong collaboration skills working effectively with multiple delivery and product stakeholders
- Ability to work in a changing and challenging environment, with an evident "can-do" attitude
- Ability to effectively deal with changing priorities or obstacles whilst providing alternative options or solutions
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge and understanding of a range of applications and business functions
- A customer orientated attitude with drive and passion for success and quality
- Focused and timely communication skills, being clear and persuasive under pressure
- Strong organisational skills, including delegation capability
- Good situational analysis skills, enabling clear prioritisation
- Considers and manages the wider business / departmental implications of work
- Presents a professional image in words, manner, tone and style
- Solves own problems and has a right first time attitude, learns from mistakes
- Resilience to cope with demands and timescales
- Excellent relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills, including a ‘one team’ ethos