: Client Sales ExecutiveReports to
: Nick ArcherDepartment
: Agency & Client SalesLocation
: ManchesterJOB PURPOSE
To support the Senior Client Sales Lead & and the Client Sales Lead in the creation and management of the client engagement strategy for the nominated integrated agency & client sales group.
The strategy has three main sections;
- Fewer, bigger, better - Grow our relationships with the top 150 clients, 4Sales Linear/ VOD spenders.
- Diversify & Innovate - Grow or extend budgets, with revenue diversification.
- Unlock & Upsell (NT4 Revenue) - Work on sourcing new to C4& TV leads, brands not carried or lapsed brands & successfully converting to spend on C4 . These are social (D2C/ disruptors) and OOH/ radio/ print etc targets.
Working within one of the Manchester based integrated Agency & Client teams to support the Senior Client Lead and Client Lead and to help deliver the client engagement strategy for the group that maximises revenue (and share).
New To 4
- Unlocking new relationships & new revenue streams - Supporting the team by lead sourcing New to TV clients by using available systems (Beauhurst Alf, Neilson etc) , sending out prospective emails & setting up meetings.
- Working with the traders on pricing / reach for NT4 brands though independent agencies or client direct for
- Brands not carried leads
- NT4- also liaising with the Greenhouse Fund committee
- Having a good overview of the whole C4 ecosystem to enable pitching to potential new brands to TV - selling in the power of TV & C4, Digital/4Studios/Branded Content & Partnership opps etc.
- Helping to create compelling Sales collateral and case studies- working closely with Commercial Marketing/Insight team
- Making sure there is no client overlap with 4Ventures
Diversify & Innovate
- Diversifying revenue & relationships - Work closely with internal teams i.e. Digital/ Partnerships/ 4Studios/Branded Ents to help extend & grow spend from existing advertisers – selling in creative, innovative opportunities, & new products; data-led opportunities such as Brand match etc.
- Collaborate with the other Client Sales Execs, to share knowledge, skills and approach to positively influence the wider dept. client strategy.
- Support the team in projects & workstreams that drive C4s creative reputation e.g. sustainability, Stand up to Racism, NT4, attribution, new narratives.
Fewer, Bigger, Better
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Build a set of deep client and relationships, likely to be Marketing/Brand Manager and Media Manager level, as well as agency contacts, that facilitates discussions that related to business outcomes and not just media briefs – driving reputation or increased revenue.
- Responsibility for your own clients & the relationship – working closely with the SLC/CL on specific brands that fall into the 4 categories- Unlock/Nurture/capitalise or Create-
- Work closely with the Advertising Research & Development team to research categories and clients to support the group strategy
- To share all relevant information and insight to ensure the Group meets its financial, creative and customer serviced objectives and KPIs
- Be the day-to-day contact for Commercial Marketing in ensuring that there is effective CRM database and engagement strategy for the Group’s clients (and
- nominated categories)
Technical & Professional Skills
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Will need to have a proven media sales track record and thrives in business development.
- Experience of selling to media agencies is essential.
- Seeks out new challenges and enjoys building new relationships, confident in networking in a fast paced environment.
- Job holder must be a very confident presenter.
- Competent in power point to create and maintain client sales presentations and collateral.
- Autonomy/Judgement/Decision Making
- Self-motivated and enjoys working in a small team
- Able to propose new ideas and processes without the involvement of others
- The role requires an excellent understanding of broadcast and creative solutions is desirable
- Strong digital knowledge is desirable
- Experience of analysing data/ working with Econometric or attribution tools is desirable
- Experience of selling to clients direct is desirable
- Experience and understanding of brand planning, marketing and advertising is desirable
- Experience of working with direct to consumer (D2C) brands is desirable