About the Role
We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join Timeline’s broadcast engineering team supporting the technical facilities of the BT Sport UHD & HD facility which includes three broadcast studios, ten galleries, a large post-production village, multi-channel MCR and playout operation.
Ensure that the operational needs of BT Sport, production partners and 3rd party shows are met effectively and that the technical requirements of the programmes are achieved by means of innovation and development.
- Respond to all stakeholders in a positive, friendly, and proactive manner
- Rig, operate, monitor and maintain equipment including cameras and vison, augmented reality, studio monitoring, vision switchers, Routers and modular products in the studios, MCR, CAR and associated technical areas.
- Work on technical installation projects, configure and route sound and vision feeds using BNCS control system.
- Operate and interrogate a broad range of systems and retrieve logs for analysis.
- Ensure that technical faults are identified and logged, then resolved. Implement alternative technical solutions as required.
- Engage with suppliers for service agreements, repairs, and to order spares
- Comply with the safety regulations, ensure the electronic equipment is aligned to the defined standards and keep appropriate records.
This is a shift-based role which requires weekend work and some night shifts.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications.
- Experience in a customer facing role with excellent service and communication skills.
- Good understanding of end-to-end production processes and the ‘live’ transmission chain in a broadcast environment.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostics skills.
- Experience of vision, sound, routing and communication systems for TV studio environments.
- Ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms.
- Good knowledge of computer systems, IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure.
- Good documentation writing skills.
- Previous experience with any of the following will be highly regarded: Sony Vision Switchers, Sony 2400 cameras, BNCS, GV Vision Switchers, Axon/GV/Evertz Glue, Evertz Multiviewers, NCAM AR tracking system.
- Knowledge and/or experience in UHD and IP Broadcast systems preferable
- Ability to learn, and able to keep up with technical changes within the Industry
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure.
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role