A key role within the Acquisitions team at one of the UK’s leading independent TV distributors, working across factual and drama genres. Reporting to and working alongside the Head of Acquisitions to manage new and existing producer relationships, and acquire new programming contributing to the ongoing growth of the catalogue and business.
Who we are:
We are one of the UK’s leading independent television distribution companies with over 30 years of international experience in acquiring and distributing multi-genre programming. With over 3,500 hours of programming to offer, the catalogue encompasses a diverse range of genres, from cutting-edge factual and premium drama to the best music, entertainment, lifestyle and documentary programming.
We represent programmes on behalf of companies as diverse as BBC Studios, UKTV, STV Studios, TLC, AMC Group, as well as over 70 independent producers from around the world including Tern TV, SandStone Global, Electric Pictures, Lingo Pictures and Greenstone TV.
We expect this year to be an important milestone for investment with ongoing growth in available funding and the completion of our acquisition by 108 Media opening up new horizons.
The Acquisitions team sits at the heart of the distribution machine with an in-depth knowledge of the creative and production process. Working alongside our colleagues in Sales, we aim to accompany our production and broadcast partners on their journey from page to screen – providing both creative support and commercial ingenuity that delivers hundreds of hours of new programming each year.
Responsibilities/what you will do:
- Alongside the Head of Acquisitions, sharing the management and coordination of existing producers and their projects across both factual and drama genres
- Proactively identifying and establishing new producer relationships, and securing new business and investment opportunities
- Vetting, evaluating and screening of proposals and programming for potential investment
- Creation and management of shortlist of targeted projects to be pitched to the senior team at the regular Acquisitions meetings
- Liaising and discussing with the Sales team to assess and evaluate programme ideas and market viability
- Providing creative and commercial feedback to producers on slates and projects after discussion and market evaluation
- Working with the Acquisitions & Marketing Assistant to source and provide all relevant information to maintain the project database, tracking projects through the acquisitions process from consideration to offer, and through to delivery and launch
- Drafting and negotiation of key commercial terms on target projects within agreed parameters for investment
- Work with the Senior Management team to provide all required information and support to submit investment proposals for funding
- On confirmation of funding, work with the Business Affairs team moving through the contracting process to signature
- Working alongside the Head of Acquisitions and partners when necessary to oversee, review & provide comments on editorial from treatments, scripts and bibles to rough and fine cuts prior to sign off and delivery of acquired programming
- In liaison with the Head of Acquisitions, responsible for providing weekly updates to inform and assist Senior Management with the forecasting of current and future business activity
- Work with the Acquisitions & Marketing Assistant and technical team to ensure delivery of transmission and marketing assets
- With support from the Head of Acquisitions and Acquisitions & Marketing Assistant, responsible for the production of regular market reports to be used to support producers, and departmental data to be used for performance tracking
- Collaborating with the Marketing team and partners to devise and deliver genre/programming showreels when required ahead of key markets and/or launches
- Working with producers across the globe including current clients in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, US, Canada and Europe. Attending markets and travelling when necessary
- Working with the Head of Acquisitions in overseeing the flow and coordination of the Acquisitions & Marketing Assistant’s tasks
Requirements/who you are/we are looking for someone who has:
- A passion for storytelling in all its forms, and a desire to help producers bring them to life
- Proven experience in a similar capacity within an existing TV distribution or content delivery business
- Working knowledge of international finance and acquisition deal structures
- Proven ability to secure and build new working relationships with producers
- Strong communication and advocacy skills internally and externally
- The ability to frame an editorial voice within the context of the market opportunity and constraints of production
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the international marketplace, trends, challenges and opportunities
- Ability to track and manage large amounts of data across multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and a team player