About the Role
A fantastic opportunity to join the team at BT Studios. We are looking for a natural team leader with a passion for sports broadcasting and television entertainment. This is a senior role and you will be leading the technical production of live studio content for BT Sport and a range of other UK broadcasters.
In this senior technical role you will work closely with BT Sport and our other production partners to produce content from our broadcast centre and studios in Stratford, East London:
- Using your knowledge of our broadcast systems and technology you will provide innovative technical solutions (HD, UHD, HDR, AR/VR) that meet the needs of our production clients
- As a key point of contact for new and existing clients you will work closely with the Head of Operations to ensure that the customer experience at BT Studios is unrivalled
- You will work collaboratively with our engineering teams to ensure that projects are delivered to the highest possible standards and that any technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Working closely with the studio planning team in all aspects of resource management (technical, operational, commercial) you will ensure that the right people and equipment are in place to deliver successful outcomes across our four studios and 21 control rooms
- You will manage the design, rig and operation of technical equipment in our control rooms and on the studio floor (vision, lighting, sound), and work collaboratively with the media systems team to deliver the most suitable post production and media workflows
- With financial responsibility for the operational resources of productions under your control, you will prepare studio quotes, manage costs, and reconcile completed projects using the Xytech Media Pulse resource management system
- Managing studio safety will include the preparation and management of risk assessments, and ‘on the day’ supervision of technical operators, craft specialists and other studio personnel
- You will promote BT Studios as a first class destination for production companies and broadcasters
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the Timeline TV business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of successful technical delivery with experience in a similar role (Technical Manager, Unit Manager, Studio Manager, Resource Manager etc)
- Exceptional knowledge of broadcast systems, equipment and technology (cameras, sound, vision, AR/VR, lighting, graphics, EVS), remote and studio-based production workflows, post production and file-based media
- An excellent communicator who can influence at all levels; able to deliver key information in a timely and accurate manner to a range of stakeholders
- Proven customer focused approach that generates repeat business; able to remain calm under pressure and to react tactfully to unusual requests from production clients
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with leadership experience; able to prioritise a complex workload and to meet deadlines individually, and as part of a collaborative team
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, policy and standards including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA), Risk Assessments, COSSH, Working at Height, Electricity at Work, Noise, Young People, Manual Handling of Work Equipment
- Commercial experience; able to write a quote, negotiate fair value from suppliers, track costs, and deliver a project to an agreed production budget
- Able to resolve conflict, and to supervise a multifunctional team of staff and contractors in a ‘live’ production environment
- Experience of working with Xytech, Provys, ScheduALL or a similar scheduling system
- Excellent organisational skills, able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
- Strong technical planning skills, comfortable with the detail of technical specifications
- An interest in sports broadcasting and television entertainment
Why join Timeline Television?
In addition to being part of a company that is at the forefront of cutting-edge broadcast technology, we offer a range of perks and benefits including private health care, a medical cashback scheme, the Cycle to Work scheme to name but a few! We offer a variety of training and development opportunities and Timeline is committed to providing equal opportunities and equal access regardless of background.
Start the conversation by sending us a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to outline your experience and salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is Monday 11 July 2022.