We have an exciting opportunity for an Insight Assistant to join the Insights team.
The Insight Assistant will support the Insight leads across TV and digital research workstreams. They will be responsible for a variety of tasks across all brands and will gain extensive experience of broadcast and VOD environments.
The broad scope of the role means you'll be involved in, but not limited to, providing admin support for the smooth running of the Insight team, producing regular reports and aiding Insight leads to conduct marketing evaluations,
performance reviews, and projects that help develop content. You will be using various data sets to provide insight recommendations.
So, if you want to learn and develop within an exciting and dynamic Insight team, then this is the role for you.
In this role you will get to:
- You'll get the chance to support audience-based decisions across the business using both qualitative (i.e. smaller scale projects like focus groups) and quantitative (i.e. larger scale projects via online surveys and/or viewing data) methodologies. You would assist with the associated admin for these projects and gain exposure to variety of tools and research techniques.
- You will be central to the Insight team, ensuring that audience insight sits at the heart of UKTV¿s decisions. UKTV believe staying abreast of industry trends is key and you will be part of the team pivotal to achieving this.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Has a desire to learn and wants to establish a strong foundation in audience research, specifically digital and broadcast TV.
- Who is inquisitive and a strategic thinker with a genuine passion for TV. You enjoy finding solutions to complex problems and can think critically.
- You should thrive in a busy environment with ever changing priorities. You must be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work, and able to act quickly to last minute data requests.
- You are a strong communicator, highly numerate and enjoy building and maintaining great relationships. You aren¿t afraid to fully immerse yourself in the next challenge.
Who you are:
- Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Numerically confident; data analysis or data research experience would be preferable
- Experience of using spreadsheets and databases to extract and analyse data
- A naturally inquisitive mind: investigative, proactive, looks for reasons behind results
- A genuine passion for TV and understanding consumer behaviour
- Excellent attention to detail and great organisational skills
- Takes a proactive and flexible approach to work and is comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
- Has a collaborative approach, strong communication skills and can build and sustain effective working relationships
- Intermediate level of IT skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Keen to develop, learn and gain new experiences
At UKTV, we are working in a hybrid environment with a mixture of home and office working. Getting together in the office as a team and a company gives colleagues an opportunity to build and maintain great relationships, encourages our culture of collaboration and creativity while recognising that colleagues need to have a healthy and happy work-life balance. You¿ll agree with your manager the split of time you spend in the office or at home based on the role that you do, how often you come together as a team and your personal preference.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 25 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and scripted drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors, and programme-makers.
We are UKTV. We are here to create TV with personality.
In a world where 'finding something to watch' means searching endless streams of automated sameness, we believe in creating TV experiences with more personality, that champions diversity of talent both on & off screen.
We are here to bring you a more personal type of TV: Channels and services that get you, with programmes that are hand-picked for their quality and available on any device - all crafted by fans for fans.
We are a different kind of broadcaster. One that's on a mission to become the UK's most successful non-PSB network.
The place that fans turn to first for the genres they love. Admired in our industry as the feisty challenger. Powered by brilliant ideas not blockbuster budgets, we'll push ourselves to build even more engaging brands, to create and curate more imaginative programmes to form powerful partnerships and to use technology in ever more innovative ways.
As the world of TV rapidly evolves so will we; by continuing to support our brilliant people to do their best work in a uniquely diverse, creative, and inclusive culture.
All the spirit of entertaining and growing the communities of fans who love our shows as much as we do.