A little bit about our team
The continuity team are responsible for the creation and delivery of continuity to air. Continuity is a valuable marketing asset with an on air media inventory worth £7.6M per year. Continuity plays a crucial role at UKTV by conveying the personality of the brand and connecting directly with the viewers and fans of our shows. Continuity and Navigation¿s purpose is to ensure we retain our audiences with in the channel brand or brands, and maximise viewing, helping to drive network performance in both linear and VOD.
The continuity team is part of the media planning team, who are responsible for all of the on air promotional inventory across the UKTV network.
Purpose of the role
The Continuity Producer is responsible for the production and delivery of UKTV¿s continuity across the full portfolio of UKTV brands. This includes the quality check (q.c.) process which is vital to ensuring continuity delivered is accurate, to tone and compliant. They will work closely with a team of announcer/writers and stakeholders. They will also help to promote the role of Continuity and Navigation across the marcomms team.
The role reports to the Continuity Operations Manager, who leads the continuity team
In this role you will get to¿
¿ Thrive in a dynamic changing environment.
¿ Manage the work and delivery of a team of 10+ announcer writers . Guiding and supporting them through constructive feedback as needed to do their best work.
¿ Have responsibility for Continuity Production, which will include q.c and editing to ensure continuity is at it¿s best and accurate.
¿ Manage the staff role of Continuity Production Co-ordinator, who supports this production process. You¿ll be responsible for their development.
¿ Work on projects on air and technical. From stunts, to talent, to channel re-brands as well as operational, and more as needed.
¿ Work closely with the Continuity Operations Manager, Marketing, Creative, Media Planning, Presentation, Playout, The Farm and Compliance on these.
We are looking for someone who has¿
- A passion for continuity
- Experience in producing and delivering end-to-end continuity services for a broadcaster or similar production eg promos
- Experience in successful team management
- An understanding of and experience with Ofcom and compliance regulations
- A working knowledge of Barrcode and What¿s On and strong IT skills
- Experienced in handling audio files, editing and formatting for transmission.
- Experience of successfully working within budgetary allocations, ensuring work requests remain within agreed budgets.
Who you are
- Have a flexible approach to the role, with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong IT skills in playout systems, audio file management editing and office suite
- Strong attention to detail with a meticulous approach and desire to ensure 100% accuracy
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-focused member of the team
- Good communication skills with an ability to form strong relationships with multiple functions
- Ability to motivate, manage and develop people
- Strong editorial and writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments and services
- Familiar with UKTV and our brands
- A strong network of continuity talent contacts
What you will do
Production and delivery of continuity service:
Don¿t have all the above, don¿t let that stop you! Here are some additional skills that we would like to
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.