About the role:
We are looking someone to develop and maintain our in-house training program. Focusing on supporting and training both current and future technicians in software and hardware for DIT and Video Assist as well as Digital Dailies, Post Production, Picture Finishing, QC and deliverables operations.
What the job will look like:
- Provide focused and structured training to Digital Orchard technicians across multiple technical disciplines
- Develop and document training guides covering best practise, industry standards and expectations through to troubleshooting and escalation
- Work with existing on set technicians to find and then fill, current gaps in their knowledge or understanding
- Work with Dailies Producer to ensure both current and future Dailies Operators are provided initial and ongoing training
- Work with Bookings, Kit Room and Post team to ensure technicians stay up to date with new software and hardware solutions and to schedule training
- Stay up to date with current industry solutions and become a super user on the systems we supply our various teams
- Research, investigate and test out new tools, technology solutions or workflows working closely with Post Production team and senior management to steer investment decisions
- Be available for technical industry events and expos
- Possibly a technician, engineer or Pre-Sales Consultant from the M&E sector
- Ideally suited to someone with significant on-set experience or equivalent skill sets from within Broadcast or Post Production
- Technically minded with demonstrable experience and skills
- Experience with dailies workflow a benefit
- Experience in training and developing others preferred but not essential
- Relaxed personality with good relationship building skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting demands
- A problem-solving mentality and a natural lateral thinker
- An excellent understanding of the general workings of the film industry from on-set to post-production
- Experience and knowledge in troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair/resolution
What will you get from us?
- An opportunity to have a key position in a company that works on some of the biggest film and high-end television titles.
- Training in all aspects of Digital Orchard technical operations
- A friendly ‘non corporate’ style of working where each employee is highly valued for their unique contribution and skillset
- A happy, relaxed working environment in the countryside with fresh air, animals and plenty of opportunities to take a break in nature
Digital Orchard Values
- Teamwork- our best work is delivered when we share our skills and experience with each other
- Caring - we care about every project and treat it with the respect and time that it deserves
- Quality – we deliver the highest quality service to each and every customer
- Net Zero– we are committed in our pledge to become carbon neutral by 2023
- Action not words – we run the Digital Orchard Foundation which supports underrepresented groups in the film and television industry
Details of the role:
- Permanent role with out of hours availability
- Salary/package dependent on experience. Please state your salary expectations with application.
- The Digital Orchard office is in the countryside near Chorleywood (HP8 4AX) – please ensure that you could easily travel to and work from the office.
How to apply:
Digital Orchard is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment opportunities are open to everyone. However, we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are from groups that are underrepresented in the film and television industry. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this, including requesting the data we have available on the make-up of the industry and our company. Please also feel free to contact us if you require an alternative application method, such as video or audio recording.
All applicants are asked to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SHVVWLK) at the same time as submitting their application; if you choose to, via this form you can request a guaranteed interview if you have the essential skills we require and identify as being underrepresented in this industry or facing significant barriers in your career progression.
This is an open recruitment process and we will keep the job advert live until we find the right person for the role!
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover note, including relevant examples that demonstrate how you meet the personal specification and ability to deliver the main duties and responsibilities. Please be specific in your cover note about your interest in Digital Orchard, expectations of this role, and your salary expectations.