Technical Supervisor – London
Overall Job Purpose
In addition to day-to-day Operations tasks, generally overseeing the work undertaken across the company by London Ops.
Main tasks and responsibilities relating to People Management
- Undertaking line management responsibilities of a select group of London Ops. Providing pastoral care and support to your team and acting as a first point of contact for work or personal issues.
- Providing additional technical, logistical and organisational support to team members
- Assisting the management and distribution of work via ScheduALL
- Identifying individual and team strengths and deficiencies, with support from HR, to identify and deliver training needs
- Delivering annual performance reviews, with support from HOO/HOTO and HR
- Participating in recruitment, from advertising to interviews, with support from HOO/HOTO and HR
- Engaging in disciplinary action, or performance improvement processes, where needed, with the support of HOO/HOTO and HR
- Authorising and booking holidays, in line with company policy and with the guidance of HOO where needed
- Writing and ratifying workflows, with the guidance of TOM & HOO, for assigned projects and working closely with Post-Producers to technically achieve the projects delivery.
- Helping distribute workflow information to members of your team
- Attending workflow meetings with Production and Sales, and clients where required/appropriate
- Helping maintain a standard of best practices and processes by maintaining a database of up-to-date technical information (Sharepoint/Farmyard)
- Being a liaison between and support for Operations and other departments, e.g. Production.
- General troubleshooting and investigation for complex technical issues.
- Where appropriate, escalation to other departments i.e. Engineering/Production/IT.
Location: Newman St London, United Kingdom Hours: 40hrs per week. Monday - Friday on a 3 week rotation of earlies (8am), days (9am) and mids (11am) Some work out of those hours might be necessary on occasion