Commercial Development Lead - Nations and RegionsType:
12 Month Maternity CoverDepartment:
As the Commercial Development Lead, you will be an integral member of the Sales team, reporting directly into the Customer & Commercial Leader.
This role is responsible for delivering the business strategy, defined by the Customer and Commercial Leader to deliver against our revenue, reputation, and relationship objectives across a defined patch of agencies.
Informed by the customer growth framework, this role will also focus on cross and upselling of our products, working in concert with the rest of the customer team to identify the richest areas of opportunity, prioritise and match by customer to allow us to maximise these opportunities.
This role will also act in deep collaboration with the other customer groups, driving consistently high standards of work across the entire sales floor, to ensure we have motivated and passionate integrated teams, that deliver outstanding results.
The role will have direct responsibility for the revenue number across their agency patch, trading and negotiating the deals where relevant. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Use specialist and wider market knowledge to build a deep and insightful understanding of our customers
- Develop a strategy by agency that will allow us to optimise & deepen our relationships and translate into target delivery.
- Drive the contact strategy for each agency and maintain strong relationships with senior agency contacts
- Account management of agencies within defined patch
- Gateway for all agency briefs to ensure a strategic oversight rooted in deep understanding of the customer and driving ‘best in class’ quality of our work
- Assessing the quality of the brief, having initial discussions with agency contacts, conferring with strategic lead around lifecycle and direction of the brief.
- Oversight of brief response process for agency briefs to ensure high standards and responsibilities are met.
- Work closely with Specialist leaders to coordinate the integrated specialist teams to ensure customer service levels and quality of work is delivered
- Agree agency/ client priority of cross /up sell across a defined patch of customers with accountability for delivery vs targets.
- Work in close collaboration with client team to develop a ‘one customer view’
- Focus on delivering revenue targets by product, by customer group
- Reporting and forecasting full agency revenues across all 4Sales products to ensure full agency patch view
- Collaborate with the other customer groups to act as one team, all focussed on driving the best work for our clients to deliver the best results.
- Instil a drive for excellence across all teams
Technical & Professional Skills
- Commercially astute – experience of tracking and optimising a set of key KPIs
- Confident communicator who can turn analysis into stories tailored to the audience
- Strong analytical ability able to draw simple conclusions from complex datasets
- Strategic thinker – with an inquisitive mind, comfortable both in the detail and at a high level
- Collaborative mindset to ensure quality and success across all teams
- Responsible for business planning, market sizing, category understanding and assessing diversification opportunities suitable for C4
- Ensure delivery of defined strategy for customer group across specialist resource, supporting the Customer and Commercial Leader vision and ensuring a one customer view
- Lead day to day operational cadence of dotted line resource
- Contribute to performance management reviews of dotted line resource
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to deliver new initiatives eg: Commercial finance, business affairs, strategy & commissioning teams
- Lead on initiating new ventures, incubating new initiatives, standing up new capabilities (and Complexity/Problem Solving
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to identify issues, trends and problems and manage resources towards those goals
- Comfortable working independently to multiple deadlines
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to plan, organise and lead projects, driving activity to completion while managing detail, and reporting on progress to date
- A track record supporting brands achieve their growth objectives.
- A keen understanding of what makes effective advertising and how brands grow.
- Experience in a planning / strategy role setting brands on the path to success.
- Ability to work at pace and under pressure in an ever-changing environment
- Understanding of the UK television airtime market and how it is traded is highly desirable.
- Understanding of UK media marketplace.