This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team at our remote production and studio centre in West London, home to 9 production control rooms, 3 physical and virtual studios and 17 edit suites. The role is perfect for engineers looking for a regular and predictable schedule but with the potential opportunity to work on other productions and systems to develop their skills further.
The engineer is expected to be a customer-friendly representative for all things sound related. You will bring your strong knowledge of Sound Desks, Talkback and control systems to be able to deliver productions to a high technical standard.
You will be primarily focused on a single client with a Mon-Fri shift as the primary technical point of contact for all technical sound requirements.
- Provide support to Timeline’s Ealing Broadcast Centre, supporting production clients with a focus on regular shows, occasionally working with ad-hoc shows and clients
- Provide customer facing technical support and guidance, at times being the most senior member of Timeline technical staff on site
- Ensure that any technical faults during production are either resolved or suitable workarounds put in place to minimize disruption to production output
- Install and reconfigure equipment as and when required dependent on production requirements
- Assist the project team in the design and development of new systems and facilities at the Ealing Broadcast Centre
- Ensure that the customer experience at the EBC is unrivalled during the planning process and on the day(s) of the production
- As an ambassador, you will champion Timeline as a first-class destination for production companies and broadcasters
- Maintain effective working relationships across the Timeline TV business
- The role will be focused on a Monday to Thursday show with a late on and off air time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering experience in either a Studio/facility or Outside Broadcast environment
- Extensive problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Experience in communication systems, in particular the Riedel intercom system as well as both traditional TBU and IP codec units
- Knowledge and experience in support and configuration of audio consoles in particular the Calrec range
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Studio systems including a wide variety of both wired and RF Microphone and IEM equipment
- Knowledge and experience in supporting a wide range of other equipment to include SpotOn playout servers, noise reduction units and control systems – both GPIO and EVS Cerebrum control
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of video router systems including both traditional SDI routers, Hybrid/De-embedding matrixes and IP systems
- Knowledge of a wide range of audio standards including Madi, Dante, AES67
- Knowledge and experience of IT and Networking in relation to the broadcast environment
- A strong communicator who can influence others. Able to deliver key information in a timely and accurate manner to a range of stakeholders, and at all levels
- A proven customer-focused approach that generates repeat business; able to remain calm under pressures and to react tactfully to unusual requests from production clients
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with leadership experience; able to prioritise a complex workload and meet deadlines individually, and as part of a collaborative team
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
Please provide us with a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to outline your experience and salary expectations.