Title: Rental Desk Manager, London
Reports to: Operations Manager, London
Direct reports: Rentals Team
Job Purpose: To manage Rentals, including training of Rentals Staff, to ensure efficient workflow to uphold a high standard of efficiency and quality service to clients. To manage logistics in accordance with agreed booking plans. Liaising with department heads to ensure good communication and cohesion across the branch and regions.
- Manage booking enquiries received via email, telephone, or other means.
- Allocating and spreading workload evenly between the team based on individual skill level.
- Ensure administrative deadlines are met – invoicing, updating quotes and pencilled jobs.
- Facilitate with the Sales team in maintaining key client relationships.
- Oversee sourcing and organising of crew and cross-hire allocation etc. as required.
- Managing cross hires by achieving best rates, that the system is used correctly, and that M&D is being investigated.
- Assist Operations Manager with reviewing Sales team discount structures, Sales report emails, and weekly projections.
- Oversee logistics and manage daily handovers with assistance from shift facilitators.
- Liaising with Shift Facilitators and the Rentals team to ensure daily duties are performed correctly.
- Assisting and advising with series quotes and deals.
- Ensure Rentals team and Drivers complete appropriate training, delivering such training as appropriate.
- Assist with co-ordinating kit and logistical integration between Projects needs and PT2 London.
- Communicating operational challenges and co-ordinating between Projects, Warehouse, Logistics and Rentals.
- Assist with communication between Service, M&D, and Warehouse Management for stock levels and items.
- Assist Operations Manager by ensuring kit stock and availability for upcoming hires.
- Technical and kit compatibility assistance – acting as a go between for Rentals and Warehouse queries (to be included in group email for 24hr urgent queries).
- Check Operating systems are being utilised correctly.
- Assist with training on Office Manager, Rentals procedures for new staff.
- Assisting Operations Manager with Senior management’s clients and cover hires whilst they are on leave.
- Rentals staff rotas ensuring that both shifts have appropriate cover, holidays, sickness, and lateness. Assist with Appraisals and performance management, when required.
- Be “On Call”/ take on the “Out of Hours” number on a rotational basis.
- Adhere to PT2 Policies and Processes e.g. Health and Safety policy, Confidentiality.
- Ensure customer service excellence is upheld and promote the ethos and benefits of PT2 to our clients.
- Keep appraised with technical and industry developments.