Part of the Global Digital Studios Operations team, you will report into the Senior Manager of Content Protection in managing the daily workload of technical audits of TV content distribution deals. You will provide an essential service to the business in building and protecting revenue streams through ensuring platforms have the appropriate solutions in place to combat piracy. The team is responsible for reviewing the content protection solutions used by all platforms that the commercial teams are concluding deals with and ensure this is documented accurately in both the content security schedule and internal systems.
- Work with the Sales & Legal teams to facilitate the delivery of technical review requests, document draft remarks, and client follow-ups.
- Issue, validate and process Technical Questionnaires from third party television platforms.
- Audit devices, security systems and geo-filtering systems of third party television platforms.
- Support legal in the creation of Content Protection Schedules working closely with the legal department to reach agreement with the licensee.
- Create and maintain detailed records within existing and new systems and ensure records are properly kept so that they can be easily referenced at any time by any team members
- Research into technologies and platforms with the objective of understanding how they affect the distribution and content security of our content.
- Work alongside global colleagues in maintaining a consistent approach to technical audits.
- Be a conduit for communication between the Content Protection, Sales, and Legal teams, bringing people and teams together to best solve current issues, as well as having responsibility for the co-ordination, management, and delivery of the Content Protection drafts and evaluations assigned to you.
- Maintain a good understanding of internal content protection policies and guidelines and be able to translate them into requirements to the relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with the commercial team to understand key clients and the landscape for up and coming deals in order to work ahead on technical reviews.
- Proactively build relationships with the content protection team at key clients in EMEA .
- Using internal systems to create required results and share them with relevant stakeholders as required.
- Line manager for the content protection Supervisor.
- Familiarity with digital distribution platforms (such as IPTV, cable, satellite, mobile) as well as streaming technologies for video.
- In depth knowledge of devices capable of receiving broadcast or streamed video
- Strong understanding of encryption systems including industry standard Conditional Access and Digital Rights Management systems and security protocols.
- Good understanding of file formats and distribution technology.
- Familiarity with distribution business models such as linear, xVOD, EHVL.
- Solid understanding of legal process and documentation of distribution deals.
- Ideal candidates will possess superb communication skills, written and oral. The ability to interpret technical issues and provide support to their internal and global counterparts will be integral to this position.
- Candidates shall possess strong organizational skills paired closely with time management, taking into account their ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Keen interest in emerging technology, broadcast TV and online TV
- Familiarity of UHD file formats and distribution an advantage.
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Disney+ annual subscription
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent parental leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women@Disney, Disney Diversity, Disney Pride, T.R.U.S.T.