About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Media Systems Specialist to join the Timeline technology team at the fast-paced BT Sport broadcast facility in Stratford, East London. In this role you will support and optimise the performance of EVS media servers, media storage systems, file processing and file delivery facilities, and non-linear edit systems (HD and 4K UHD). You will have great sense of accountability and be able to work well within a team. You will be able to communicate clearly, both written and verbal to technical colleagues and to non-technical partners.
The successful candidate will support a range of specialist systems including the following:
Windows / Mac OS / Linux; EVS Systems: IPD, XSquare, XTs, XSs, XTAs, XFILE, CCASTT; Avid Interplay Systems, ISIS, Media Composer clients; Aspera file acceleration services; Sony 4500; Piero; Spectra Logic T950; Tedial Evolution Mam; Harmonic Media Grid; Adobe Creative Suite; Morpheous ICE playout
- Monitor and optimise the performance of media servers and storage systems, non-linear edit suites and file processing delivery facilities
- Provide first line system support to address technical faults in a timely manner
- Review, develop and maintain workflows to support the effective operation of Media Systems and Workflows at BT Sport and keep documentation updated.
- Guide editors, operators and production staff through complex operational scenarios
- Plan and manage maintenance of systems and workflows in an efficient manner that considers the impact and risk to our clients as well as completing routine maintenance and regular system checks
- Escalate issues to stakeholders and communicate with vendor support as required
- Proactively support all media operations and other technical departments within Timeline Television
- Support and mentor junior members of the technical teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To enable you to perform this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following as a minimum:
- Have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of file-based editing workflows and various file transcoding, processing & delivery systems
- Experience of TCP/IP networking infrastructure and multi-VLAN networks
- Knowledge and experience of media, editing and general computer systems
- Knowledge and experience of IP-based video routing and SMPTE-2110 standards would be advantageous.
- Adept at being pro-active and able to identify potential issues before they occur
- Work at high levels of technical complexity, under programme and/or operational pressures
- Accept and work to internal business processes including rules and procedures that concern emailed communication, ticketing, auditing, documentation and change processes
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team, and to remain calm under pressure
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from all stakeholders
- Capable of delegating and distributing tasks to others in the MSE team
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
You will be scheduled to an 8/14 pattern of night shifts.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.