ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working primarily on location throughout the UK and worldwide to guarantee a variety of Outside Broadcasts as well as spending time in our Greenford base for offsite preparations and maintenance. The Camera Guarantee will be delivering an exceptional service to our clients and providing technical advice and guidance to Engineering and Unit Managers.
- Guarantee Outside Broadcasts on Timeline’s fleet of scanners, flyaways and remote productions by prepping, maintaining and operating camera equipment
- Deliver exceptional and personalised service to Timeline’s clients
- Supervise the rig of camera equipment on site
- Manage the on-site crew of staff and freelancers, working closely with production teams to supervise crews if necessary.
- Ensure all customer requirements are tested and back-up systems are in place
- Provide support, technical advice and guidance to Unit Managers
- Assist in prepping, loading and planning of jobs.
- Assist the company in the development and testing of new equipment and technologies.
- Assist the company in the training and development of other staff members
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent periods away from home, in the UK or abroad
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience operating cameras on Outside Broadcasts, with extensive experience of filming live sport
- The ability to understand the client’s requirements and explain this to crew and colleagues throughout the business
- The ability to work to a very high standard in unfamiliar surroundings or alternative set ups such as remote production
- An in-depth knowledge of the broadcast camera equipment used across our growing fleet
- A good general understanding of all broadcast engineering areas including vision, audio, power supply systems, intercom, file-based media systems and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A flexible and confident approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure
- A good knowledge of the principles of health and safety at work
- A proven track record of working anti-social hours and weekends, with long shifts and changes to working schedules at short notice.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including: