Based in our Watford office, the Head of Server Department will drive excellent engineering standards within their area of Engineering, ensuring Gravity Media have an engaged, motivated and a best in class Engineering team who are ahead of the curve in adopting and delivering new technologies. We are recruiting three Head of Departments who will head up their respective areas, being Audio, Vision and Server departments. For a top tier Engineer, this is an opportunity to take the first steps into a leadership role, where you will be responsible for bringing our technical ambitions to life and start to become involved in the commercial aspects of the business.
• Manage, coach, lead and inspire a team of best-in-class Engineers within their area.
• Conduct 1:1s and the annual appraisal process to support a motivated and engaged workforce who understand where their role fits in with the business objectives.
• Recruit a high potential and talented team, keeping a network of pipeline engineering talent in conjunction with HR.
• In conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Director – Engineering, look at succession planning, progression, training, holiday, rostering for global projects.
• Manage and be across kit lists across all jobs affecting their engineering area of discipline.
• Maintenance of equipment in conjunction with the Engineering Workshop.
• Ensure their engineering discipline is represented in planning stages of projects and work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to drive a high performance and continuous improvement culture
• Review and plan kit movement.
• Collaborate with Project Managers & Proposals Teams
• Act in a senior operational capacity on international projects.
• Act as a senior member of the Engineering function and support the Senior Leadership Team in implementing its business unit’s strategy.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.
Engineering Degree in a related discipline or appropriate relevant experience.
Solid understanding of Engineering Principles within area
IP for media knowledge
Solid understanding of programming broadcast systems
CAD/VISIO preferable Highly motivated
Managing competing priorities and able to manage expectations/pre-empt issues.
Substantial experience with recent Senior Guarantee Engineer experience.