About this Role
Timeline Television is looking to recruit a Scenic Supervisor to work at the BT Studios in Stratford, East London. In this role you will support television production and studio turnaround activity across three busy studios and the supporting areas.
- To support the smooth delivery of ‘live’ and pre-recorded TV production at BT Studios
- To plan and implement the effective construction of studio sets and studio turnaround activity with due consideration for the constraints of Time, Budget and Safety
- To ‘lead’ teams of freelance scenic operators, stagehands and other craft specialists in a range of activities including the set, strike and storage of scenery and props
- To assist with assigning freelance scenic operators tasks
- To build and maintain effective working relationships with Designers, Technical Managers, Craft Specialists and other operational teams
- To understand, comply with, and promote all Health and Safety policies at BT Studios
- To assist with the production of Work Method Statements and Risk Assessments to ensure that the studio environment is safe at all times
- To plan the safe, efficient storage of scenery, props, drapes and other production related items at BT Studios, and other locations as required
- To load/unload scenery vehicles and to plan the safe transport of set and props
- To handle all set and prop items with care and to escalate production issues quickly
- To work closely with studio lighting team and assist with the rig and derig of studio lighting equipment if requested
- To work closely with the resource bookings team to ensure that the correct staff and resources are available for each studio project
- To keep studio floors, storage areas and loading bay clean, tidy and well organised
- To liaise with representatives from the facilities management team over any site maintenance issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a theatre, entertainment venue, or television studio environment
- Able to demonstrate a track record of successful operational delivery in a similar role
- Able to gain the respect of colleagues and production clients, and to deploy a team in order to meet studio deadlines effectively
- Able to coordinate and supervise the safe delivery of production resources in a TV studio environment with a focus on the set/strike of Scenery and Props
- A good communicator who is able to react sympathetically to the requests of production clients, and to remain calm under pressure
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the initiative to prioritize a workload, and to take on responsibility with minimal supervision
- Must have a good understanding of safety management in the work place and a knowledge of Health and Safety legislation as it applies in a broadcast studio environment or entertainment venue, including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA), Risk Assessments, COSSH, Working at Height, Electricity at Work, Noise, Manual Handling etc.
- Safety Qualifications (Forklift, IPAF, H&S, First Aid etc.) will be highly regarded
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
This is a shift-based role and the successful candidate must be able to work weekends, evenings and occasional night shifts.
To be considered, you must be resident in the United Kingdom and/or hold a valid UK work permit.
Applications close on Wednesday 6th April 2022.