Timeline’s London post production facility is situated in the heart of Soho. We support a wide variety of post-production projects for high-end drama, sports and factual entertainment documentaries as well as children’s programming, from offline to delivery.
About The Role
The Engineer's primary duties will be to support Timeline’s post production facilities. This is a client facing role, which requires exceptional interpersonal skills as well as technical ability.
The successful candidate will support a range of specialist systems including:
- Avid Media Composer Clients, NEXIS storage
- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Premiere & Creative Suite
- Windows / Mac OS / Linux
- Aspera file acceleration services
- NAS Storage Systems
- LTO Back Up Systems
The Engineer will be required to work at high levels of technical complexity, under programme and/or operational pressures. However, we do not expect you to have all the criteria listed above and we are very willing to train the right candidate.
- Display a clear understanding of the fundamentals of file-based editing workflows.
- To support the effective operation of Media Systems and workflows.
- Provide first line support and address technical faults in a timely and professional manner, communicating and escalating issues as required, and ensure alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented promptly.
- Monitor and optimise the performance of non-linear edit suites (Avid, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro), media servers and storage systems,
- Creation of AS11 and file delivery to major broadcasters via Aspera, Signiant
- Ingest media from a variety of sources (including card, hard drive, file delivery)
- Guide Editors and production staff through workflows.
- Maintain and operate equipment in Edit Support, CAR, edit suites and associated technical areas.
- Take responsbilty for the security and upkeep of the building.
- Evaluate new software and hardware.
- Create and document new workflows.
- Display knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot modern media and broadcast infrastructure, including:
- IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure
- Nexis/other storage integration and connectivity
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
In order to perform this role, the candidate should demonstrate the following as a minimum:
· Passion for delivering outstanding service both technically and through client relations
- Knowledge and experience of media, editing and general computer systems as they relate to a post-production environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to work primarily alone and as part of a team, and to remain calm under pressure
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operational and production staff.
- Customer awareness and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical: Demonstrate clear logical thinking in fault-finding and problem solving.Able to discern relevant information when evaluating technical and client requirements
- Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility and respond effectively to new challenges. Adapt to changing requirements. Show openness to changes in business requirements and needs
You will also be eligible for a variety of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance