About the Role
As a Sound Guarantee, you will be working primarily on locations throughout the UK and worldwide to guarantee a variety of Outside Broadcasts as well as spending time in our Greenford base for offsite preparations and maintenance. You will be delivering an exceptional service to our clients and providing technical advice and guidance to Engineering and Unit Managers.
- Guarantee small and large Outside Broadcasts on Timeline’s fleet of scanners and flyaways
- Guarantee our remote and studio galleries at our Ealing Broadcast Centre
- Deliver exceptional front facing service to Timeline’s clients
- Provide support, technical advice and guidance to Engineering and Unit Managers
- Assist in prepping, loading and planning of jobs as well as manage the on-site crew of staff and freelancers
- Deliver basic setup, support and sound mixing within our Ealing Studio’s operation
- Supervise the rig of audio equipment on site
- Ensure all customer requirements are tested and back-up systems are in place
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent nights away from home, in the UK or abroad
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Proven experience in TV Outside Broadcast operations
- The ability to understand the client’s requirements and programme the network appropriately
- The ability to work to a very high standard in unfamiliar surroundings, hired vehicles and flyaway scenarios
- An in-depth knowledge of sound desks, router control systems and system ‘glue’ used across our growing fleet
- A detailed knowledge of signal formats, coding and transport methods; Intercom and talkback equipment
- A working knowledge of computer IP and other data networks in the television environment
- A good general understanding of all broadcast engineering areas including power supply systems, cameras, intercom, file-based media systems and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure
- A good knowledge of the principles of health and safety at work
You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
Please ensure you are eligible to work in the UK before applying as we do not provide sponsorship.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.