About the Role
Timeline Television is looking for experienced, proactive, highly focused and organised individuals to work with our Outside Broadcast Team as a Rigger.
You will be required to rig and derig all on-site cable requirements across Timeline’s outside broadcasting division and transport OB trucks between locations.
The role will be spread across 3 London locations: Greenford, Ealing and Stratford as well as on location throughout the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
This role involves weekend work and unsociable hours.
• Driving Timeline vehicles, including HGV trucks loaded with equipment and assets essential to broadcasts.
• Potentially assisting technical operators on events.
• Assisting with maintenance of the garage and warehouse areas.
• Assisting / Directing the warehouse staff with prepping and loading of cable on tender vehicles.
• Supervising the rigging of cables and equipment on OB sites across the UK and Europe in the absence of the Rigging Supervisor, with subsequent derigging after the event.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• A Full Clean HGV Class 1 Drivers Licence is essential
• Ability to work as part of a larger team
• Ability to work in an active environment where loading, lifting and physically intensive work are regularly required.
• Willingness to comply with Timeline policies, working practices and Health and Safety guidelines, and to follow any applicable legislation, and customer working practices.
• Self-motivation and ability to establish effective working relationships with other members of Timeline and the production team.
• Flexible approach to the job and ability to adapt to last-minute changes to the operational requirements of Timeline and those of the customer.
• Willingness to be contacted and available at short notice on off-duty days, due to the unpredictable nature of incoming work.
• Moderate level of computer literacy in order to work with the computer systems in place at Timeline Television.
• Thorough knowledge of all outside broadcast cables and connectors in use at Timeline and other OB companies.
• In-depth knowledge of trucks, loading restrictions, weight restrictions and any other transportation requirements to ensure a smooth HGV operation.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
• All duties and activities in accordance with current Timeline Health and Safety Guidance.
• Good basic knowledge of Electricity at Work safety regulations.
• Knowledge of road transport legislation, HGV laws and restrictions.
Education & Professional Experience
• Experience in an operational rigging role in TV Outside Broadcasting is highly desirable but not essential
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
• Private health care
• Medical cash benefits
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Travel insurance