Reporting to the Director of Content the Business Development Director will leverage all Endeavor businesses to discover new business opportunities and connect and create value for our existing clients, partners, and owned assets.
Will lead pitches in collaboration with the Director of Content and others. Working with teams to develop and execute all aspects of the development life cycle, from the initial concept through to the final delivery across all platforms.
Will take responsibility for setting the development agenda and create new initiatives that get the best from our people.
Supporting and promoting the inclusive culture around the development process is integral to this role.
Will work with the Director of Content and the Leadership Team in seeking out JV and acquisition targets.
Expected to have strong contacts and relationships across the sport and media industries and will seek out and identify new opportunities with broadcasters/SVOD/ Federations/ and Ad-funded projects.
Expected to own, nurture and manage key relationships, at senior level, with federations, broadcasters and other important external businesses.
As well as recognising new opportunities, the Business Development lead will look to grow and add value to existing relationships with major clients.
In the process of winning new business, this role will act strategically to link the key areas of Production, Digital, Sales and IMG Arena driving revenue to all parts of the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Promoting a progressive and positive culture within our teams, supporting the values of IMG Media. Collaboration, Excellence, Inclusion, Entrepreneurialism and Persistence.
- Leading and supporting the D&I initiatives across the department
- Empower supporting team of creatives
- Build an environment that drives performance and accountability
- Shape and realise ideas and, most importantly drive new business, maximising existing relationships and seeking out new relationships with key clients.
- Take responsibility for setting the development agenda
- Work closely with Heads of Production to manage key commercial relationships; Broadcasters, OB/Resources, Federations.
- Provide clear instruction to legal and business affairs, finance and other key stakeholders.
- Grow and diversify into new and disruptive spaces
- Secure our leadership position with clients, partners, investors, and employees through innovation and execution.
- Deliver value-generating initiatives to drive revenue while responsibly managing costs
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and managing budgets
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
- There may be a requirement for international travel
- Dealing with high profile talent/clients
Key Results Areas
- Expected to show genuine leadership skills
- Expected to lead and motivate creative teams.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with differing priorities.
- Quickly establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the clients
- Proven record of accomplishment in managing a large and complex portfolio.
- Appropriate recommendation / selection of Creative staff
- Excellent working relationships
- Effective communication across the business
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record of driving business development initiatives
- Excellent understanding of live and non-live production
- Experience of managing key client relationships at a senior level.
- An in-depth knowledge of production market trends, both in sport and non-sport.
- Proven experience and understanding of digital production and associated technologies.
- Experience of leading and motivating creative teams.
- A broad network of contacts with top sports federations and broadcasters.
- Strong creative and editorial judgement.
- Experience of linking up production and distribution (sales) functions.
- Understanding of platform technologies
- Strong market knowledge
- Sound commercial skills with an ability to match editorial and commercial objectives.
- Ability to deliver against challenging deadlines.
- Facilitate and deliver change management
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong people and relationship building skills at different levels of seniority.
- Good financial understanding / business awareness
IMG is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.